• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Team Project Laggy

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a team project and it's really laggy when dealing with keyframes etc...

If you drag one, and release you have to stay still for about a second, otherwise it jumps to where the mouse is.

It's not a massive problem (as long as you notice it's done it), but one which may end with my monitor going out the window.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

I restarted my machine and even with nothing else running it was doing it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The setting of the team project is shared online. Please check your network speed. It may be the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, can't see anything to change in the settings.

It's as if it's saving as soon as you release the mouse to drop a keyframe, causing a delay, then the machine catches up with your mouse movement and moves it.

Seems a bit excessive if this is the case seeing as you have to click to upload and add amends to the project, so not sure what's going on.

It's getting to the point of unusable though.

And if the whole thing collapses if there's an internet outage then I'd like to know so I can stop using it ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does the slow move happen if you do not use the team project? I mean you create a regular project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't get the lag except with the team project.

I've had a nightmare, when I opened my project this morning where it had deleted a lot of non-animated position values.

Half my comps / layers were off-screen, things out of place etc...

I've taken it offline now.

Might try team project again later down the line, but for now it's too dangerous for client work.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get an option to use Team Projects locally across a server? Why the need for only Cloud Storage and a live save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just like to add to the OP's point. I too am experiencing lag when moving masks, almost to the point which makes it unusable. After every move you have to keep your mouse/wacom very still otherwise the point moves.

I'm guessing this because of the live save to the cloud? Why does it need to do this? Why can the project not stay unsaved until it gets synced - just like After Effects has always worked?

Team Projects are long overdue and I'm glad Adobe have finally (belatedly) gotten around to implementing it but in it's current form it's not production ready yet.

Can someone from Adobe explain to why it needs to be cloud based? Surely there are far more users needing to collaborate together on a project within a post house across a network than people on the other side of globe to each other? Local team projects make far more sense than cloud-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines