Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE video preview stuck on 3rd monitor

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A few days back I upgraded AE from 16.0 to 16.1 and suddenly I can only see the video preview on monitor 3.

Earlier I could go to the settings and change it to any of the 3 monitors. But now it is stuck at monitor 3.

I have tried reinstalling, deleting the preferences file, resetting the preferences.

Please help out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ashsinash,

Sorry for the trouble. I understand you are unable to make changes to the Video Preview settings under Preferences for After Effects.

• What happens when you try to change the video device from one monitor to another?
  • Are you facing any challenges to save the applied changes?
  • Please share screenshots so that we can have a clear picture of what exactly is happening. FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangg,

I am having the same problem. When I change to another monitor, nothing happens, and if I go to prefrence it is changed to "Monitor 3".

No matter how many times I try to change to other monitor, it always change to "Monitor 3"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 monitors.

The Video Preview in the preferences menu is stuck on Monitor 3.

Whenever I try to change it to Monitor 1 or Monitor 2, it either reverts back to monitor 3 or no shows that no monitor is selected.

The same thing is also happening in Premier Pro. But Premier Pro is stuck on Monitor 1.

Another thing, the video preview in Character Animator is working fine.

thanks

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem!!!! Get it together adobe, we are supposed to be professionals! I have a Large monitor for preview and it will not work with AE2019! grrrrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume you folks had the presence of mind to keep the AE version that actually worked.

A word of advice: never, EVER install a new AE version without keeping the old one.  There are ALWAYS problems with the new one.  It will NEVER work precisely as advertised.  Not ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DUH. not my first rodeo, Adobe have you fixed this because it is really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the experience. We'd like to mention that we have identified this issue and are working on a fix.

Please add your voice here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/37282141-mercury-transmit-...

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this.

It is nearly a month since this is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on the fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines