Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE2022: Effects controls panel does not auto-open

Advisor ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE 2022.0.1  / Win10:

When I add an effect to a layer the ‘effects controls’ panel no longer auto-opens. The effect is applied as expected but the project panel stays in focus. I can open the effects control panel manually via the windows menu or shortcut and all is as expected – it’s just that the panel doesn’t auto open when an effect is applied.

I've reset prefs - no joy. I've  done a full re-install - no joy,

Anyone know what is going on here?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, 

Sorry fr the delayed response.

Have you tried updating After Effects to the latest and testing if the issue persists? If so, would you mind sharing your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? Also, are you using any third-party plug-ins?

Let us know.

Thanks.

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nishu,

Thanks for the response. It seems like I'm 'the only one' with this particular issue - so it looks like it's something specific to my set up. I am an experienced AE Instructor - and former Community Pro, so I've explored most of the obvious trouble shooting options at this point. I can work around it for the moment. Having established it's not a common issue I'll trouble shoot it in detail when I have time. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll reply to myself here...

This issue persists.

When I first posted above I was working on an older system and thought it may be an issue specific to that machine.

I'm now on a brand new machine, new drives, clean windows install, latest AE installed - same issue 

I also have colleagues on other machines with this issue.

Is Adobe aware of this bug and fixing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines