• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AEP created in Win7 won't open on Win10.

Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open an AE 2017 file created in Win7 on a laptop with Win10. I get numberous 1114 plugin errors and a corrupted file message. Same file opens fine on another Win 7 machine. The Win10 laptop is new. SSD's 64GB ram Quadro 4000. Not sure what the deal is. Thought my beefy laptop could help me render. But what's up? Everything has been updated to latests versions.

I'm not using AE2018 because its performance blows. But it won't open in 2018 either.

I just wanted to render some scenes on the laptop for a project that has some big scenes to render. But no deal.

Any idea what could be causing the problems? Plugins cited are stardust and tao. But the project doesn't even have all the layers in a main comp once opened. This project does have some pretty intense comps. But like I said, my older computer with Win7 had no problem with it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Things are working!!! And I *think* I know what it is. Thanks OussK for taking time to try to help me troubleshoot.

I changed a lot of stuff around uninstalled everything (except the OS) and reinstalled. But in the end, I think it was that I have Quicktime Pro on my desktop and use it regularly as an output module. My new laptop didn't have it. I put Quicktime Pro on there today (because I like it) and around that time stuff starts working. It could have been one of the other things I did. But th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's a OS issue, it look like you have problem with your AE on windows 10, so try to remove and reinstalled again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling AE. No change. Is there some trick to it? I just uninstalled and reinstalled.

I also tried running as administrator. I also tried importing my project into an open (empty) project. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the sort of problem that could be caused by my Intel Integrated Graphics card? Does that happen? I have the Nvidia settings for after effects set to use the Quadro card. But perhaps there is some confusion in AE about this while it's loading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you share the error message you get when you open your file, also is your AE work normal on you windows 10 pc so can you create a new project and save it.

as a small trick try to save your project for older version from your win 7 pc, go to save/save a copy as cc (13)  , than try this copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Things are working!!! And I *think* I know what it is. Thanks OussK for taking time to try to help me troubleshoot.

I changed a lot of stuff around uninstalled everything (except the OS) and reinstalled. But in the end, I think it was that I have Quicktime Pro on my desktop and use it regularly as an output module. My new laptop didn't have it. I put Quicktime Pro on there today (because I like it) and around that time stuff starts working. It could have been one of the other things I did. But this seems the most likely. The ugly thing is that the error messages made things look like this was an issue with plugins.

Here were the errors I got:

After Effects error: plug-in "Stardust_controls_airforce.aex" could not be loaded (1114).

(48 :: 46)

After Effects error: plug-in "Stardust_controls_airforce.aex" could not be loaded (1114).

After Effects error: plug-in "Stardust_controls_splitter.aex" could not be loaded (1114).

After Effects error: plug-in "Stardust_controls_splitter.aex" could not be loaded (1114).

After Effects error: plug-in "Mir_64.aex" could not be loaded (1114).

After Effects error: plug-in "Mir_64.aex" could not be loaded (1114).

After Effects error: Can't find layer ID=68962646 in composition "NCS Track Scene Particular Test".

(26 :: 93)

After Effects error: Can't find layer ID=68964114 in composition "NCS Track Scene Particular Test".

After Effects error: Can't find layer ID=68962646 in composition "NCS Track Scene Particular Test".

After Effects warning: your project file is apparently damaged (skipped sections: 6). Please save using a different name.

(26 :: 0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines