• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect Crashing when opened (HELP)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I woke up this morning to my After Effect crashing badly right from the get go. Did you folks experienced the same issue? How can I fix it please. Many, many thanks!!

Machine:
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

Apple M1 PRO

32GB

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 07.57.56.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the preferences and clean out the caches. Apparently this happens when soem data got damaged during the last usage of AE. You may also need to reinstall the program.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, many thanks for replying back. Unfortunatelly it did not work 😞 Now not only mine, but my work colleagues are also suffering with it, the exact same issue. Thank you anyway for your time answering this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange!

Did you install a new font or a new plug-in recently? If so, try removing them and see if that helps.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nishu, 

Thanks for your answer. No, I did not install anything new, in fact I just got a brand new M1 machine from work, last Friday, and it was a "virgin" machine, I've installed the Adobe stuff as "vanila" as possible, without a single plugin or anything that would cause this to happen. However, when I recreated the file I was trying to animate from scratch, in a brand new illustrator file, the thing worked. But it means I'll have to recreate all illustrator files that I've had prepared...it is a terrible prospect 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for getting back.

Could you share more details on What happens? Does it crash on launch or while opening a project? What's the version of Illustrator you're using? Also, where your files (project files and media files) are saved - local/external drive or server?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines