• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect custom workspace keeps rearranging itself...why?!

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a custom workspace set up in AE. However, every time my project autosaves and sometimes when I import new assets all the panels resize, some crush up to one side, some spread wide in the middle. On some occasions, panels will even disappear.

It used to be that I could reset to saved workspace and it would correct itself - though this is tedious when I have to do it after every autosave - but since the CC2018 update, this no longer works. It seems like AE isn't saving my layout but is saving this squashed and stretched layout instead and I can't overwrite it.

I have also saved it under new names and that doesn't work.

It's beginning to drive me mad, not to mention interfering with my workflow.

Any help is gratefully received.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

My solution is to create a KBar button of "reset to saved layout"

It's a tiny bit faster and at this point, it's second nature...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just started happening to me after I upgraded to AE 2024 on a Mac running Ventura 13.4.1. During the session as I move between different precomps, my workspace spontaneously changes itself. Extremely disruptive to my workflow. Fix it, Adobe. Now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines