Exit

After effects 2015 - new audio preview is slow

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i installed new ae cc 2015.

ram render is way faster in some conditions, but i find audio preview really slow :

when i press "." to listen just audio, or even "0" or "spacebar", preview start, but audio start few seconds later.

So i can determine pricesly the time when a can i hear a beat, like on cc 2014 version. I find that as a major problem in motion design.

And when i press ".", for audio only preview, there is a delay, then it's starts to play, but sound can be heard just few seconds later, but it works well in cc 2014.

the only way is to change option :

5cc5ba1e75.png

but in that case, audio is always on, when it is not real time.

Lats thing, on cc 2014, when i preview audio only, then stop, it comes back to the start point. Now it stops where it stops. Not practical.

Any way to change it in options ?

But well, if it correct one day, maybe just newt year, as the stereo effect problem has been correct in one year.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available, which fixes this issue: http://adobe.ly/1Il5JYe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edgardog48686523 wrote:

Terrible terrible. Stuttery, slow audio preview. A big part of my job involves timing audio to video specifically in After Effects. This is a freaking nightmare and I might lose the income. It is almost 2016.

Don't lose income over this! If CC 2015 isn't working for you, try using an older version of AE to see if it works better. Often, folks with issues in CC 2015 can work in CC 2014 without issue. Handily, AE CC 2014 can open and work with projects created in CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how to go back to AE earlier versions? Audio and video playback in AE version 13.6.1 is still not running at 30FPS.

Thanks,

A. Maldonado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes even the last patch update do not fix this. It's even worse with a huge 3 seconds and lore delay before earing audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's even worse now with the latest 2017 release. Audio playback is horrible and unacceptable. Slow and extremely choppy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. 13.6 here and it isn't fixed yet on my side either. Can we have an ETA of new updates coming? Would love to get rid of the bug. It's annoying as hell and I can't go back because other partners I work with already use 13.6 and demand we stay with the latest updates.

Cheers,

VVA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can work with files from 13.6 in 13.2 (CC 2014) with no problems and you can open files created with 13.2 in 13.6 with no problems. It won't even pop a message up saying it was created with an earlier version. If you're really concerned about it, work in CC 2014, then open it up in CC 2015 and save it again. They can "demand" all they want, but what they won't know won't hurt them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but sux that 2014 version doesn't have a few features that I've gotten used to! Appreciate the input though! Think I'm going to stay witht 13.6 for now as I have too many customized workspaces and shortcut keys. I'd just love to hear a hint of hope and know when shall we at the very least expect/hope to see a new update with bugfixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VMS studio wrote:

Yeah but sux that 2014 version doesn't have a few features that I've gotten used to! Appreciate the input though! Think I'm going to stay witht 13.6 for now as I have too many customized workspaces and shortcut keys. I'd just love to hear a hint of hope and know when shall we at the very least expect/hope to see a new update with bugfixes

I know what you mean. I really like some of the new features in CC 2015 too!

I know they're working on an update - they've been asking folks for more information on bugs they've had - but I don't think I've heard them mention a time frame.

I would expect one towards the end of April or first half of May, if not sooner. Why? Well, in the past, Adobe announces and demonstrates their new video stuff at the NAB Show and then releases it a couple of weeks after that. Thus, end of April/beginning of May.

However, the pace of updates has been quicker recently so we may have another one before that happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have too many customized workspaces and shortcut keys

I'm pretty sure all your personal settings can be synched over automatically.    Partners demand you always work with the latest version?  Soundfs like you might want to find some smarter partners.  

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gutter-Fish wrote:

I have too many customized workspaces and shortcut keys

I'm pretty sure all your personal settings can be synched over automatically.    Partners demand you always work with the latest version?  Soundfs like you might want to find some smarter partners. 

13.6 introduced some totally new workspace options: stackable panels. They are great! But, on the downside, you can't use them in 13.5 or any earlier versions. So, while many things can be synced between versions, workspaces aren't one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on this issue? Since I last updated my AE I've been having all sorts of preview-related problems. Mainly that hardly ANY previews play in real time. What's annoying is that it used to work perfectly and the last update "broke" it. Of course I could go back to a previous version, but this is starting to sound like the MS Windows debacle where the only solution to the new iterations' issues was to go back to previous ones.

I should point out that I spent a lot of time on the phone with Adobe and we were able to conclude that the issue has something to do with the fact that I am using an 27 inch Apple Display and a 27 inch Cintiq. If I change my workspace to minimal, which only uses one of the monitors, the problem SOMETIMES goes away. But that's not a solution to the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK no, there is no solution to the various preview issues in CC2015. It is simply broken right now, and the only option is to go back to a version that worked, or wait for Adobe to bring out another update that hopefully fixes it. No time frame on when that will be though. CC2014 works very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who have GLITCH sound effects when preview already in RAM, for me this help:

I change AUDIO HARDWARE SETTINGS BUFFER SIZE from 2048 to 1024, and sound glitch effects gone, iam happy.

AUDIO_GLITCH.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I's a shame it's not resolved yet.

i have always 2 second with no sound with ram preview, and some glitches as well, i'm gonna try your tip stillborn, but right now it doesn't seem to change anything for me.

It's nothing with 27" display, i use 24" screen on windows 10, and audio still does'nt work.

But hey adobe, as i said on the orginal post : "But well, if it correct one day, maybe just next year, as the stereo effect problem has been correct in one year."

it's 7 month from 1st post...

i'm not sure to pay my licence again, to have a full life beta release....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.7 seems to have correct this issue.

there is still a tiny glitch at first loop, but there is no more 2s with no sound.

i'll try more and tell if it's ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Witch OS are you running ? Because on Yosemite OS X (10.10.5) the bug is definively still there and it is a shame !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm on win 10, i'll try on my mac soon.

audio is not perfect, but on 2nd loop, when ram render is done, it's ok then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kanadiou,

keep complain and ask for explanations (as I will myself) because it is a shame that Adobe releases software as buggy as CC 2015 is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The say it's fixed. Is everyone talking about 13.7 having a fixed audio? I swear it's almost worse than before! Holy god is it really that difficult to fix the audio in the previews? That is one of the MAJOR aspects of the workflow. No Preview, no work done.

It's like creating a F1 racecar which is fast and great, but just the steering wheel doesn't fucntion and you can only go straight for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StephaneA_AfterEffects wrote:

...on Yosemite OS X (10.10.5) the bug is definively still there and it is a shame !!!

Tim explained in this thread that there are two bugs that present similar symptoms. One bug was fixed and one isn't yet, so he edited the blog post to clarify. He also mentioned in that post that the AE team is working on a rewrite of how AE sends information to the screen and audio hardware that should solve this (and other) problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.11.3 (El Capitan) the bug is still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VMS studio wrote:

Holy god is it really that difficult to fix the audio in the previews?

It would probably require years of education to to know the answer to that question.    It's liking asking if it's really that difficult to invent an oven that can cook an edible turkey in 10 minutes?

Personally i haven't the slightest clue how difficult it actually is...I would imagine it could be quite difficult depending on many factors.  I just wish that it worked.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question wasn't really direct. I was only trying to note the fact that this has been a known issue for months now and hasn't been fixed whatsoever. For a team of professionals such as the Adobe team, this surely shouldn't be that difficult AT ALL.

And my question would be more like "how difficult is it for a tech group who produced the microwave, fix the issue that would not make the microwave power up." I just think this is a result of poor work management as opposed to lack of skills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, that is a better analogy.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines