• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2017 plugins problem (1114)

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Couple months ago After Effects 2017 started to act very weird about 3rd party plugins.

I started to get "plugin "name of plugin" could not be loaded (1114) (48:46)".

Could not load older projects, on loading there was lot of (1114) errors and project could not be loaded.

I tried to reinstall plugins, cleaned up nvidia driver compliantly and installed most recent but nothing helped.

Noticed when setup project settings to Mercury Software only I was able to load older projects with no errors, but if I apply new plugin (particular for example) I get error.

I got After Effects 2014 installed and there is no such issue with plugins at all.

So for last few months I got stuck using 2014 version since its rock stable and I can't use new versions since I can't find solutions for plugins problem.

Is there any suggestion how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

PC specs:

Win10 Pro, CPU4770K, RAM32GB, GPUs 1080Ti and 3x780Ti, Dual display setup.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also please make sure that you are running the latest version of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news? this is getting very frustrating... I can't understand what's happening here. if I open a project, and load up video copilot  saber and some trapcode plugin I get 1114 error. So I have to open a new project load the plug in up and re open back the project..... It might helpful for the entire community to submit a clean forum page with some steps for the resolution of the problem... I am trying to understand what's going from this morning... and I had to install on the system32 library an opencl.dll file do this crappy workaround. as always, great job adobe, great feedback for it's users... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way I just installed last windows 10 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am on the latest version of Windows 10, and I am encountering the problem on two different machines with very different configurations and parts, and I know I am not the only one on my team. The problem has not gone away, no matter the update, and it really is a time sink and a production risk. AE has been cleanly reinstalled to no avail. Formatting the systems to see if the problem goes away, and if it does hope that it doesn't reappear, is absolutely not an option for us.

It would be very encouraging to at least hear Adobe staff are aware of the problem. I want to be constructive here and not have this taken the wrong way, but it is frightening that the last time AE was a stable, solid and production-trusty product seems to  be four years ago. We tried and altogether avoided CC2015, and then the same with 2016. Our employer has actually asked us to try and find an alternative to AE, because he finds the situation abnormal and there has been a strong push for Nuke to replace AE in many of our workflows. But there is no realistic alternative for Motion Graphics (sometimes I think a bit of competition, such as that found in the 3D modelling market, would be really healthy here).

So the reality is that we depend on Adobe to keep being performant in our jobs, and to stay effective. It is also a product that we, the users, have loved for many years and to which we have contributed many scripts and community made tools that keep it head and shoulders above the rest.

Please do consider our feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I'm, render time have some use

The day AE cc2018 has been published (the folder says 19 october), frustrated from the bugs (this is the worse but not the only important bug I had on cc2017) I said why not to give a try to the new version? It can't be worst than this...

I installed cc2018 using the CC app, without importing the app settings and without removing old version.

I changed all the settings to match the preferences I always used.

After that, cause I've seen that the mediacore plugin folder was the same of the previous version, I simply copied all the plugins and scripts from the ae specific folder to the cc2018 one.

Then I started working on the cc2018 version and I keep doing it everyday, since now I never had any warning that the old bugs could be back.

Of course there is some bug, but they are just annoying, anything dangerous for the production.

Almost in the same moment I installed the latest version on win10 (fall creators update), sorry but I can't remember if I did this before or after installing, but the article I read on tom's hardware about the win update is dated 18 october, so it's matter of days.

Going back to work, if I remember something more that can be helpful I'll give more info.

Matteo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new day. still no official answers... glad for your temporary solution matteo.... the problem is that I have go back and forth with some pojects, so it's not making a big difference.

This is the last time I install a new release without waiting for at least some months.
By the way I found also this thread

Error: Load library failed

I'm using a gtx 1080... I have tried to put it on "maximum performance" but nothing has changed.... did anybody with amd solved the issue following that guide?

the odyssey goes on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to open the project I was working on during the switch (it was a buggy one) and it opened without problems on 2017.2

I can also add effects without problems, I added all the heaviest plugins I have without problems.

Everything seems fine now, I'll post asap more info about os, drivers and everything can be relevant to computer status.

Matteo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok here's some system info.

FUKUSHIMA.txt - Google Drive

I'm sorry but OS is in italian so a lot of things are in italian, but you can still see the original KB code of the windows updates.

Looking at dates I installed windows 10 update on the evening before to switch off the pc (18 october), and CC2018 the morning after before starting to work (19 october).

I also tried to clean the infos from sensible data.

Just to know, I installed the win10 fall creators update forcing it from the Microsoft site.

Matteo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this problem about a week ago with a fairly heavy comp which is only going to get heavier.  Red Giant Universe RGB Separation, Universe Chromatic Glow, and even Keylight all gave the same 1114 error.   I just tried switching my project settings from Mercury CUDA GPU to Mercury Software and the project loaded....your mileage may vary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the same problem , i just move all plugins from the plug in folder(C/program files/adobe/after effect/plug in/ to desktop and start after effect and i got some more error and then i move back all plugins and the problem resolved ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm giving the groveex.dll fix a bump. I had forgotten this little P***ant

Delete, plugins work fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still persists, even after the OS, software and GPU updates. Even built-in plugins like Keylight Pro is affected. Like what frdsmx has done, I always need to pre-load these effects in a blank comp prior to opening the project.  It seems that any plugin that uses GPU has a chance to fail at startup.

I really hope this gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here since last year. Couldn’t find any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines