After Effects 2020 won’t show preview and won’t let me purge cache

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CEE883D4-7FFC-490C-A009-9D6DB20A032F.jpeg

67281CE2-C4A4-4FB0-AACF-2DAC32C39234.jpeg

Hello!

I just updated from AE 2018 to AE 2020 and i’m having some problems. Whenever I try to play the preview of my project, it will play a little bit then just show a black screen. Then whenever I move my time indicator/cursor to a different frame, clip, or composition, there is no picture or preview being displayed, it is just a blank workspace where the preview video would be. This also happened when I tried to render, at certain spots the render would stop and be a black screen (the render stopped at different spots every time, I checked for errors and effect errors but I didn't see anything). I tried to access my preferences and to clear my cache but whenever I try it just loads forever and I have to force quit the application (I'll attatch a picture). I have restarted both my computer and the application multiple times along with cleaning out my hard drive and resetting my AE preferences. Nothing. Any tips? I will also attatch a picture of my computer details. 

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Fixed it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines