• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2023 green preview with H.264 files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what the h*** is going on with AE 23? Since I have the latest version I have problem with h264 files. All project files converted to newest verision doesn't read h264 format. Only files what I've created in AE 23 are good. What about my all projects created before?! I removed user preferences, uinstalled and installed few times AE and encoder, and the problem is still there. I wasted a lot of time.

[NOTE: The title of this discussion has been changed by the moderator to include version number]

TOPICS
Crash , Import and export , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

I updated yesterday and it's working for me so far. Will update here if I run into any issues. Thank you everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed via Nvidia driver update version 527.56 and later. We recommend installing the Studio version of the driver.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 172 Replies 172
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

same problem, in my case it was caused by the effect used (curves). It helped me: changing the values of the effect, moving it a bit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting! Thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

angelo5E73_0-1668741199351.png

Hello, today I had this problem with my composition window, it shows a green screen and I already updated the drivers and updated w11. Does someone know how to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off hardware accelerated decoding in the preferences under the Import section, double-check the other hardware acceleration settings and your graphics driver configuration.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to clear the cache after disabling Hardware accelerated decoding in After Effects Preferences > Import as suggested by Mylenium.

Let us know if it helps.

Merging this thread with the main thread. 

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested solution only seems to work partially. Random Frames still jump to the full-greened screen.

And having to clear the media cache all the time is really not a great solution. The only consistent workaround i found is to re-encode the footage into ProRes. Hope the team can find a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, just wanted to shoot the fix that I know works. I just loaded up a project from a few weeks back and I met this green clip issue. The problem, for me at least, is related to the h.264 codec, so I just transcoded to ProRes 422 HQ. I recently updated my nVidia Studio Drivers but not AE, so I´m guessing it is related to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AngryMike,

Thank you for confirming!

It looks like this issue could be related to an Nvidia driver update, but we're investigating it.

Can you share your system information so I can add that to the bug we're tracking internally?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez, sure thing.

I am running an RTX 3070ti on an AMD 5950x w/ 64 gb 3200 and an RTX 2070 on an i7 8700 non-k w/ 32 gb 3200. I can confirm it is happening on both systems after nVidia driver updates. Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're investigating this issue and will work with Nvidia to understand the root cause.

Can anyone confirm the following:

1. Do you experience the same issue in Premiere Pro 2023 with the same file(s)?
  2. Does reverting to Nvidia driver version 517.40 fix the issue?

Nvidia Studio driver version 517.40 download link

NOTE: Uninstall your current Nvidia driver completely before installing driver version 517.40.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem started with Nvidia driver 526.98. I rolled back to version 517.40 (with a clean install) and now seems to work as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming, @Nektarios0101.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! I downgrade the driver too and everithing is working again with hardware acceleration. Many thank´s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm that the issue is Nvidia driver 526.98 - rolled back to 517.40 and installed over the top of the latest driver because uninstaller would just quit whenever I tried to open it, but luckily, it's all working now.

Sys specs:

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 128 GB

Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.2251
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can confirm that the solution of reverting to the older driver fixes the green screen problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the problem for me as well.  Issue was in both Premiere and After Effects.  Now running driver 517.40

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem since I updated to AE 23. My coworker on a different system as well. This is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think i found a difinitive fix, it's actually very easy, you just need to do some changes in project settings especially if you're using an old project, i think it has something to do with the new nvidia gpu update and even if you downgrade you will still have issues since AE already changed the settings to match the new update when you opened a project with the new gpu update, so just do this changes:

-Project settings>video rendering and effects>use : mercury gpu acceleration

-Project settings>color>working space (scroll to find what matches your monitor color range or what you think is a better color range, like sRGB)

for me it become faster than before after this change and the glitch is no more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue today which brought me to this thread, and I eventually found a fix that worked for me.

I had tried out both the latest NVIDIA studio and game-ready drivers, and both had the issue. Also tried re-exporting the video I was working with to a different format, and even testing other videos I knew had worked before. All of them showed up green and glitchy.

What fixed the issue for me was being sure to not start my new project from a template project. I normally start from a template project that I made in a previous version of AE. The key was to disable that, and start totally fresh in AE 2023 with no template. Now, video is showing up properly. Not sure if this will be the same case for everyone else, but hopefully it works for some folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the latest driver is the issue (at least it was for me) - the new project was a temporary fix that soon stopped working for me.  Reverting to Nvidia driver version 517.40 fixed the issue for me

Nvidia Studio driver version 517.40 download link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me today. I did what Rameez says here. It didn't work for me.

I reinstall Nvidia Studio Driver and K-Lite Codec Pack and reinstalled the pc. Everything works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, It happened again. I downgraded the driver and now it is working. The question is when will I update the driver? When the issue will be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @animative,

From what I understand and what fellow users have confirmed here, it is an issue with Nvidia drivers released after version 517.40. We have made Nvidia aware of this and are working with them on a fix.

Sorry, I don't know the ETA, but I'm hopeful that a fix will be released in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Rameez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heads up, just occured to me after I updated and rebooted to the Dec 1 version 527.37 driver.

Nvidia 3080 Ti

AMD Ryzen 3900X

64GB DDR4 RAM

4TB Samsung NVMe

Only way it works is to literally disable the GPU from ever rouching AFX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines