• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 23.1 || "sticky" mouse and selections

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating I notice when selecting keyframes and moving them, they don't stay put. I guess it's hard to explain but normally I can click, drag a keyframe and when I release the mouse button it releases...but now the keys seem to move slightly in the direction my mouse is moving, so I have to reposition them. Do any of you have this issue? 

MX Master 2
Win11
RTX 2080, Studio Driver 527.56

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Hi all,

This issue has been resolved in the latest After Effects release (version 23.2.1). Please update to the latest patch and let us know if it works for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-23-2-1-is-now-available-for-d...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your mouse settings. It seems it is hyper-sensitive and you need to tone it down. AE is not a game, after all.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never said it was a game. And I've troubleshot the mouse and system/graphic settings before posting, I'm not a noobie. Different mice are giving me the same issue ONLY with this version of After Effects, and I've never had this problem prior. I've tried the latest drivers, fallen back to older drivers, and turned my mouse on and off again...but this issue is still persistent with 23.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the exact same issue after updating using my MX Master 3 mouse... very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LosoF,

Sorry to hear about this.

Would it be possible for you to screen-record the issue for us?

If you have time, can you try to roll back to After Effects 23.0 temporarily and let us know if you experience the same behavior in the previous version?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue with four of our machines when we update to 23.1, here's a video capture to hopefully show what's going on.

We have updated our mouse drivers, video drivers. Done anything that we can think of in terms of mouse speed, hardware acceleration, caches.

We have a machine still running 23.0, and it doesn't have the issues.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOGITECH G402

Windows 10

Quadro RTX 5000 Driver Version 528.24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully your team are still looking into this. We've installed ver23.2 and the issue still persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS seems to be showing exactly what I'm experiencing. I've rolled back to a previous version to get rid of the annoyance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue my end, on 2 different machines running windows (10 on one, 11 on the other). All drivers up to date, etc. Definitely filing a bug report as its making the program unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Rolled back to previous version (23.0) and no issue at all... so definitely something going on in AE 23.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Hi all,

The After Effects team has worked on a fix for this issue which is now available in the latest After Effects Beta v23.3 (x36). Some users have reported that it's working as expected on their end in the Beta build. If you could download the Beta on your machine from the CC desktop app and confirm that it's working for you too, that would be great.

AE beta.png

Please note that After Effects Beta will be a separate installation and will not overwrite your existing stable After Effects version.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update! timeline performance seems to be much snappier already and the keyframe issue hasn't happened yet, will monitor throughtout the days work and report back if issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The issue seems to be fixed and the UI seems a lot snappier with key frames. So far so good. Thank You @Rameez_Khan for keeping us up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This issue has been resolved in the latest After Effects release (version 23.2.1). Please update to the latest patch and let us know if it works for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-23-2-1-is-now-available-for-d...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update seems to be working fine so far. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue, where the mouse continues to drag, even after releasing it, seems to have returned in 24.1.0 (Build 78). Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines