• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 23.2.1 is now available for download!

Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

After Effects 23.2.1 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This release contains critical bug fixes.

What's fixed?

• Fixed an issue that could cause layers and keyframes to update slowly while being moved around the timeline.
  • Fixed an issue where MXF files with non-English filenames failed to import, instead showing an error - "Failed to import. Unsupported format or damaged file."
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when using Roto Brush version 2.0 and Quality set to Best on macOS Ventura (version 13) on Apple silicon hardware.

How to update After Effects to version 23.2.1?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE 23.2.1.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

NOTE: Updates are rolled out in phases. Please check back after a few hours if you don't see the new version in your CC desktop app.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframes and keyframe interprolation set to linear but it still roves around and moves objects funny.

This is very odd. I went back to 2022 and confirmed it's a 2023.2.1 issue. 

Come on guys....sheesh...

2017 Imac Pro

3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<bottom> 

Foysal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 10.18.20.png

Can we get this fixed?
This window is super confusig. "Would you like to migrate these settings?" Yes, I would!
Where us my OK button!?
Instead I'm haven a multiple choice "Do migrate" and AE23.0 and AE 23.1

How do you excpect ANYONE to follow what version AE Im using? I've been using AE for 14 years now and never knew what version im on. Over multiple updates I've been trying all of the given buttons and have NOT ONCE got my settings, my custom shortcuts, everything. I hate it, I hate this confusing and technical dialog box, I hate AE updates itself without prompt, Fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to window "About After Effects" and check your version, it asks which version you want to migrate choice your old version (23.0 or 23.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ENESTUDIOPRO_0-1680048858363.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an absolute horror, don't install after effects or premiere 2023

that's crazy. I wanna stop my subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Barely installed, immediately uninstalled. Timeline cursor still laggy ( I tried with a single square shape layer...nothing else).
Every move has delay.

Moreover, can't open AE 23.2.1 anymore after installing the last Nvidia drivers update.

Going back to my old AE 2020 ❤️ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a timeline on when Rotobrush with Best quality will work with M2 chips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyo,

SO it's still broke on Apple silicon:

Apple Mac Studio Ultra 64GB 1TB SSD, Footage is located on a 16TB 8 NVME SSD set to Raid 0

Open AE version 23.2.1 

New project, drop in 8k Prores HQ footage of kitteh on green and purple bg, Drag a clip from project pane to the composition icon to generate a new comp with the footage.

double click the layer to open the preview pane, rotobrush, apply 1 training stroke to train on tha kitteh, 1 big training stroke on the BG to train against the BG.

quality set to standard.

Hit space, standard quality now works. But details around Kitteh's fuzzy nose are lost, I set model to "best" place the playhead back to frame one. Hit space. Ultra thinks for a sec and I get error message: 

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.10.38 AM.jpg

I set back to standard. But all is not well, I get another error message:

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.11.36 AM.jpg

Kitteh is displeased. I try to calm kitteh, kitteh licks paw and forgets I exist for a sec, kitteh walks away to contemplate birbs.

I will continue to test the standard model to see if it breaks and will report back. Is there any way I can provide more information to help speed this along? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I will pass

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select all the clips in the comp it crashes every time. Going back a version. THIS SUCKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the news

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines