• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 24.1 is now available for download!

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 24.1 is Here

Greetings, After Effects Users!

The December release of After Effects 24.1 is here, packed with dedicated 3D-related features such as native model import, alignment tools, Image-Based Lighting, and high-fidelity, GPU-accelerated renders!

Seize the excitement of this update available now on the Creative Cloud desktop app. Let's explore the multitude of incredible possibilities.

What's New

3d model.png

3D model import

Natively import 3D models (GLB, GLTF) with materials directly into After Effects and design your compositions in a unified space with 3D shapes and text.

IBL.png

Image-Based Lighting

Use 360-degree High Dynamic Range Image (HDRI) files as a light source to realistically place models into a scene with complementary lighting and shadows, making objects appear as though they naturally belong. 

renderer.png

Advanced 3D renderer 

Render 3D motion graphics with this high-performance, GPU-powered engine that offers high-quality antialiasing and transparency.

2d 3d.png

2D/3D interoperability

Seamlessly use 2D and 3D elements in the same composition to create more visually exciting and complex animations.

lights and camera.png

Animated lights and cameras 

Get creative flexibility by extracting lights and cameras from a 3D model to improve the lighting in your scene and create dynamic camera effects.

snapping.png

3D Snapping 

You can now snap layers in 3D space while dragging the constrained X, Y, and Z position handles of the 3D Gizmo. This includes the XY, XZ, and YZ combo handles of the 3D position gizmo.

effects.png

3D model-driven effects

Combine 2D and 3D workflows in one composition. Effects that reference another layer, such as Displacement Map, Vector Blur, or Calculations, can use a 3D model layer as a source to create highly stylized renders. 

presets.png

Refreshed animation presets 

Updated and improved existing animation presets that have a modernized look and are easier to configure.

Features in Beta

3d model.png

Import OBJ 3D models

Natively import OBJ 3D models into your project and drop them into your composite alongside other 2D and 3D layers.

What's Fixed

• Clearing the preferences from Startup and Repair no longer crashes After Effects.
  • In the Properties panel, the Fill and Stroke colors no longer reset when switching from solid color to gradient and back.
  • In the Properties panel, Stroke controls now correctly toggle when the Stroke checkbox is changed. 
  • Changing the frame rate of a composition no longer causes the UI to freeze or lag.
  • Keyframes on time stretched response design now correctly follow the cursor when dragged. 
  • Blocked older version of Animation Composer that caused After Effects to crash.

How to update After Effects to 24.1

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE UPDATE.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a little confused, is 3D object importing now avail in 24.1 or do we still have to install Beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D model import (GLB/GLTF files) is available in 24.1. OBJ import is still in beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, thats good to know. Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Projects from older versions of After Effects that use Cineware no longer work. I get a message that the file is corrupted.

Can someone confirm if this is happening to anyone else? Or maybe I should reinstall everything 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not ideal. Does it happen with all the projects? Can you share the project file with us to test at our end? Feel free to DM me the download link if you don't want to share it publicly.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nishu, I sent you the project in a message.

In the meantime, I went back to the previous version AE, so I didn't try with more projects to see if the same thing happens.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, exactly the same isue here. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted to After Effects version 24.0.3. Everything works in that version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. Project Files work fine in the 2023 Version but won't open in 24.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't import PSD file. It's freezing and I have to force quit AE 24.1.0. In After  Effects 24 beta version this import is woking fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eu7200,

Sorry to hear that.

Could you share more details? Do you get any error messages? Does it only happen with the files that have text in it? Feel free to share the PSD file with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working on Windows 11 all updates.

When I import a PSD file it's just freezing and I have to force shut down AE. Yes PSD file contain image and text.

eu7200_0-1702303343574.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community I really don't know how to figure out the problem since I updated AE and ME 2023 and then to 2024. Rendering the queue in AE and media encoder too, is really impossible because it is too slow, taking more than 8 hrs for 3 min video. I've a powerful pc:
Processore 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF 3.40 GHz
RAM installata 64,0 GB (63,8 GB utilizzabile)
Nvidia Geforce msi 4070
Sistema operativo a 64 bit, processore basato su x64windows home 10.

I'm wondering if any of you found a solution, thanks in advance, Chiara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chiara33009521ya4g  , welcome to the ghosted section, I belong to the "I've been ghosted by Adobe" support group. We give you the warmest welcome. The only things you can do if nothing works:
-Check you're not working nor exporting in 2K or 4K because Ae is absolutely useless with this kind of footage.
-You can search how to work with "Proxies" but it will destroy your workflow, but feel free to check in youtube. Good luck.
-Never preview more than a couple of seconds unless not needed
-Avoid using Apple Pro Res 4444 Codec, it will destroy your laptop

-I recommend exporting in 1080p or 2k and then download Davinci Resolve, from there export it as 4K and it will render in less than 5 minutes..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exciting news! After Effects 24.1 is now available for download! Looking forward to exploring the new features and enhancements. :rocket: #AfterEffects #Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic news! After Effects 24.1 is now ready for download! Can't wait to dive into the latest features and improvements. Thanks for the update! :glowing_star: #AfterEffects #Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you wait, because all latest updates have been destroying all machines I know, render time went 300% and all they do is blame the users or even better, blame the machine specs when software like Davinci Resolve works seamlessly with even with 4K  long footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now introducing "Super Slow Clock Cooker" mode! All you have to do is open After Effects like normal, and add any new layer into any composition. This feature helps you double your hourly income by taking twice as long to do literally anything! It works on old systems and new systems alike! We guarantee this version will increase your render times by at least 200%! You're welcome, hourly compositors!

-Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But wait, there's more! Order now and recieve the Clock Quadrupler! That's right, to enable this feature, just open Premiere along side After Effects, and you will receive not double, but quadruple the render times! 4x the render 4x the hours! Who needs economic stimulus when you can have all this render time?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who do you think works harder at Adobe - the dev team or the people who have to make excuses for AE? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most assuredly, the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very frustrating indeed. I have rolled back to 2023 on the early buggy 2024 version. Come back to see that more bugs are forced on the users. Does anyone know what is the last stable version to use? Or don't bother to update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last stable version was CS6, and a brief moment in 2015, but technically using either opens you up to legal repercussions... because adobe sold someone else's software with it or something. I remember getting the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.  I'm looking forward to seeing what features we've been asking for haven't been implemented and what new and exciting bugs will have me tearing my hair out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines