• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects: AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support: PNGIO library error: IDAT: CRC error (5027:: 12)

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects: AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support: PNGIO library error: IDAT: CRC error (5027:: 12)

please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

PROBLEM SOLVED. Examine (view) all PNG files in the folder containing such image sequence (e.g., ASSETS). Note the files that are corrupt. Copy PNG sequence file preceding or following the damaged PNG file to a location of your choice, rename it to the damaged PNG file, then move and replace the copied PNG to the corrupt file location. Do this for all damaged PNG files. Voila! It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your image file is damaged. Open it in another program and save it again or convert it to another image format.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve found the solution on another forum: CreativeCOW

I´ll paste here:

Re: PNGIO library error--render failure

by Carl Fontaine on Aug 22, 2012 at 2:10:11 pm

We had the same problem on a project and we finaly found the solution. I'm posting this today because I was searching myself the solution and didn't found nothing on the web.

The problem is: we had a pre-rendered PNG sequence in our AE project, with some broken file (NOT MISSING). It's a 2000 frames background playing in loop. We found that some image was rendered (for unknow reason) like this...

You can see the strange lines at the bottom. It's very hard to see when you're looking at a big sequence in windows and no image is missing. The PNGIO error come up in AE only when you are on that image, in the project. That's how we found which exact frame was broken.

Also, we are rendering on a renderfarm. Maybe the PNG sequence had error because of this...

We re-rendered the broken PNG, restarted the render, and now it's fine!

I hope that help!

I´m experiencing the exact same problem and I just found out that my png sequence is broken too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man you identified the problem exactly there was a missing line showed which i found in my prerenders files which was 900 images renders thanks bro saved my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same error when trying to render my video. I tried the following:

1. I removed the image (a jpg) at the place that my rendering failed at (12:12) thinking that maybe that image was corrupt. Then I rendered the video again. This didn't work. I still had it fail at the same place as before.

2. I tried importing a new jpg into the composition and got the following error: "the source file has a bad header. Please check that it is a valid file (86::1)"

3. I removed the jpg and tried resaving that image as a png instead of a jpg in case it was something to do with the file type. I imported the png and rendered it again. It still failed at the same place in the video.

4. I tried removing the png altogether and rendered it. But again, it failed.

5. I removed another file related to that image and tried rendering and it still failed.

I'm not sure what is going on but I know that this video can render properly because it did in the past. The only thing I did differently was delete a photo and added in a new photo in it's place in the placeholder of the template. I would sure appreciate any help I can get to remedy this.

Thanks in advance,Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM SOLVED. Examine (view) all PNG files in the folder containing such image sequence (e.g., ASSETS). Note the files that are corrupt. Copy PNG sequence file preceding or following the damaged PNG file to a location of your choice, rename it to the damaged PNG file, then move and replace the copied PNG to the corrupt file location. Do this for all damaged PNG files. Voila! It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did every step you did an failed to mee too. Without any solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines