• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Alignment

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new in After Effects. I am using After Effects 2020.

In Adobe Illustrator we can align objects very nicely; we can distribute them in whatever manner we want.

So In my current Project, I had to draw several shapes under one shape layer (they are under contents). So I need to align them horizontally, and then want to align it (together, maybe after making them a group) centrally with another shape. But when I check the Align property, it only has ‘Composition’ as option. Nothing else!

How can I do it like I do in illustrator? Is there any way?

Thank you.

Screenshot_11.jpg

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can align layers between them (when you have a selection of layers ) or align using the composition space. Shapes inside the same Shape layers can not be aligned between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you. Can you please tell me what to do if I want to align contents of same shape layer? Or It's not possible in Ae?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the shape layer, and press the U key twice. This will reveal the modified properties of every shape in the layer. Look for the shape/Transform properties. That's where you line up the values. If you want them all to line up on X and Y, use the Pickwhip to the appropriate transform property. It will take me less time to record a video of the process than it will for me to write it out, so here you go:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's your lucky day! We've just released Align Pro, which does exactly what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for waking me up.. Its 4 am here..😓

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked that in sleepy eyes... Oh dear lord!!

Sleep gone!!

Best wake up ever. Thank you so much. I needed that bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're stoked you like it! Tell you what — because you made us laugh we'll give you a free license. Email us at team@tackstudio.co and we'll sort you out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hahah... Am sooo happy. Thank you  so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines