Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Audio + Codec

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AUDIO

Please add a Hard Limiter plugin (found in Aplitude and Compression like you have in Premeire) to your audio settings so I can comply with national broadcast law of -12dB upon an After Effects direct render. Our boards in the newsroom do not have auto compression in them, so anything that goes into them raw with a 0dB standard is the same as an extremly hot red peaking meter for their boards. Currently I have to export audio through Audition A85 standards, bring that back into the program, then render it out again or lanch media encoder. A simple Hard Limiter plugin would save a lot of time to cap audio at -12dB.

CODEC
Although there is no use for this professionally anymore, the old flash .flv codec was perfect for mainting the highest quality of alpha animations at such a teeny tiny output size. What amounts to usually 1gb of space due to the alpha channel now, was only 10mb for the same quality then. For optimal space saving reasons, sharing of alpha based animations, and for the potential of broadcast software to once again use them instead of the chosen Apple Pro Res4444, (VizRT uses that and AVI) the Flv codec has ZERO COMPETITION when it comes to render output size. The codec itself is still leaps and bounds ahead of it's time and should be brought back at least for professional users, backdoor internal program cache performace, or readded into media encoder. While .flv had it's problem with security, who cares when it comes to a render?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JollyPiedPiper,

Thanks very much for these requests. As noted in How do I write a feature request?, please separate these into two separate Idea threads so that the Community can vote for either of them.

Thanks again, 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'm doing that now with the Hard Limiter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines