• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects cc 2015 won't export to Media encoder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting the comp to media encoder from After Effects.  Media Encoder launches, but nothing shows up in the render queue.  Has anyone run into this? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Hector

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue, tried all the suggestions above and nothing worked.  Then I did this and everything worked again!

I closed out of After Effects and AME.  Then I quit Creative Cloud that was docked in my Status bar.  (I'm on Mac OS 10 Yosemite)  Then I opened Activity Monitor and force quit all applications that were Adobe or Creative Cloud related.  Make sure you get them all.  After that I restarted After Effects, opened my composition and added it to Media Encoder.  AME opened and imported the comp successful.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a left-field comment here: myself along with 2 other people I work with have had this same issue, and in 100% of our cases [on Mac] where AME seemed to load but not add the comp from AE, it was the "Queue" window that was not active – in most cases the "Watched Folder" tab was open instead. We all genuinely thought the files weren't being added – we tried everything including expressing ourselves with a number of choice words! Have no idea why the interface did a switcheroo on us all.

Solution? hit Command–1 on Mac, delete any extra versions of the file you may have added to the queue, and set up the file for output as expected. (PS: I had 19 versions of the same file added to the queue – how's THAT for persistence!)

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Faced the same problem but what i did is exporting the same heavy file from AE (15.11gbs) and then i Opened and IMPORT the complete file to the Premiere Pro, after that i Export it with H.264.

trust me, the file came out 56.2MBs fro 15.11GBS.

It might be a long process but worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, This happened to me and my fixes were:

1. Open Media Encoder first, then press export.

2. Once Media Encoder is open drag in the file source!

3. You can also go to adobe help: Adobe Support and they can help you!

Your Welcome if this helped!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case - it came out that the Queue panel was not open (it showed the Watch Folders panel).

AME does not give any signal that it is receiving an AE comp, so all panels showed empty, but it the background I added several copies of the comp... #ui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but I managed to figure it out by accident by simply clicking where the render queue is in media encoder and switch between AE and Media encoder and clicking on the comp.

It might be a bug or you need to specify something for the program sometimes. Try to click on random stuff and wait. I hope this helps, it did for me somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to my world, I am also having the issue that After Effects with not send my comp to Media Encoder and I cannot drag my comp into media encoder.  I have just updated to AF 14.2.1.34 and Also updated media encoder to 11.1.2.35.

I decided I should update and look where it got me, to a place where my workflow is slowed 😞

Is there an answer or will this continue to be "NOT ANSWERED" ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but I think that what causes this problem is the constant updates. I found out that it is best to uninstall everything with the Adobe remove tool and fresh-install all the programs you need. It solves a lot of odd problems, including the one you're having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe help me uninstall everything, remove old presets, and then reinstall. The problem still exists. They make sure they get off the phone with you while you are reinstalling and say "just call us back if you have any problem!" haha. Obviously it is still a problem after a reinstall. Something else is the cause of this. And I'm beginning to feel that Adobe doesn't know what to do either. They have been avoiding calls and have marked my case "closed" even though I never suggested it was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After “dancing with tambourine” the problem is gone:

1. 1.        Run AME
  2. 2.       Ctrl I (upload any video file)
  3. 3.       Ctrl A (mark all files in the queue windows)
  4. 4.       Del (delete all uploaded files)

Start export from AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I also experience this issue.  Will not send project to AME from AE.  It'll open AME, but nothing populates.  If it does, many times it'll just spin trying to connect to the dynamic link server, which it never does.  Constant rebooting and finagling I get my projects done, but this is ridiculous from Adobe.  Everything is fully updated and i'm running a spanking new Surface Book with power base.  (on my machine AE constantly crashes as well)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines