• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFTER EFFECTS CC 2017 -1601053463 disk full error using quicktimes

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there is a separate thread on this issue - but his seems to have been solved by turning off windows defender- that doesn't solve my problem

My company has just bought a new windows pc - (i9 7900x 10 core cpu-64gb ram- gtx 1080 ti gfx card)

and we are having the - 1601053463 disk full error- making quicktimes to a network drive using CC premiere pro , after effects or media encoder it does the same error on all of them-

The pc is on an OSXserver. and it renders fine to the desktop

all other Macs on the server render fine to the drive.

the drive is formatted to ntfs

I have full permissions to the drive.

anyone else had this? doesn't seem to be a very common problem

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Well..we have fixed it, updating the server from Yosemite to Sierra seems to have solved the problem.

we were reluctant to update it as everything else works and some other programs wouldn't run on Sierra, but we chose to update anyway- and it works! not sure why Yosemite has problems with a windows 10/network though.

thanks for the help all

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide specifics about the codecs and formats you are rendering to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to render quicktime DnxHD as that is the work flow for our company -  I also tried GoPro cineform but that had the same error

rendering animation and Mpeg 4 seem to work

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Do you mean you can save the file in your local drive and you can not save the file in your network drive? Would you try to reinstall QuickTime in your rendering PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thats correct, everything works locally,  its just rendering most of the quicktime codecs to the network drive which has this error.

I have reinstalled quicktime, and I have also installed a previous version - and even rendered without quicktime install (DNXHD doesn't need quicktime) and it still fails.

I have also reinstalled windows

another suggestion from another thread was to make sure all drives including network drives have unique names- but again same error.

every file that is made after the error-  seems to all be exactly 21.504mb in size

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As far as I judge your previous email, the cause may be a file path setting. When you render the files locally, your local path is something like this.

/Users/{your login name}/Desktop

How do you set the network drive path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have rendered to an unmapped path - like this \\server\drive\client\job

and have tried mapping the drive to G:\\server\drive\client\job

but both have the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the error message the same on the both drive? The message is 1601053463 disk full error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes always the same 1601053463 disk full error message on both drive paths, and always at the same point the error happens. so it does try to render a bit and then fails

I am rendering a very basic scene as a test, with just a moving solid - and still the error-  so its not plugin related

its a weird one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ill have a read thank you...

a bit of clarification, the drive on the Network drive  is not NTFS formatted it is HFS+ formatted! for some reason windows is displaying the network drive as ntfs which its not!

😕 how does this affect things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Let me make sure that you use After Effects for Windows and the network drive is HFS+ format and directory mapped? If you manually mount the network drive as SMB protocol on your Windows PC, can you write a file into it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes that is correct- after effects on windows and network drive is HFS+ and directory mapped.

if I manually mount the drive as smb - it has the same error.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to make sure that you can mount the network drive manually and you can not copy any file into the drive because of the error of 1601053463 disk full error. Is the situation correct?

If you do not set the directory mapping, can you copy the files? I guess the cause may be related with the permission of the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can mount the network drive manually-  the only thing I can't do, is render directly to this drive from after effects (using dnxhd, gopro cineform etc) it has the error 1601053463 disk full error. other codecs like animation do work.

I can render DNXHD to the desktop and then copy to the network drive that works.

I have tried mapped and un mapped - doesn't make a difference.

its seems a strange permissons problem, because it only happens with certain codecs (dnxhd, go pro cineform) everything else seems fine.

the struggle goes on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

That sounds odd.

> I can render DNXHD to the desktop and then copy to the network drive that works.

In this case, what is the result of the rendered file size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the file size is around 126mb

another strange thing I have just done-   rendering DNXhd from QuickTime Pro to the network drive works

so it does seems to be application specific this problem (all adobe programs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I assume your guess is correct. Have you contacted Adobe tech support directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jonathanb,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I did contract adobe directly, but they said as its a network issue they couldn't deal with it.

so no solution so far- I have tried a million things, including turning off overclocking/ hyper threading reinstalling windows and after effects but to no avail.

the only thing I can think it is, is the windows machine doesn't like connecting to an OSXserver with a hfs+ drive - even though everything else works apart from a few codecs (annoyingly the only ones I want to use)

so if you can offer any other advise that would be great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

You may want to contact your IT administrator or integrator then. Let us know what happens.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else figured this out? I am having the exact same problem with almost an identical setup in terms of the hardware and OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same problem- Denthrasher any luck with yours?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well..we have fixed it, updating the server from Yosemite to Sierra seems to have solved the problem.

we were reluctant to update it as everything else works and some other programs wouldn't run on Sierra, but we chose to update anyway- and it works! not sure why Yosemite has problems with a windows 10/network though.

thanks for the help all

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's great that you were able to fix this by updating to Sierra. Did you update your Mac Server software too? Which version of that are you running and is it still working well?

Thank you!

Denny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines