• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects cc 2017.2 keeps crashing on start up

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I recently downloaded after effects trial and I tried to open it up but it stops responding and I always have to close it.

I've already tried to reinstall after effects and tried searching up the problem but nothing seems to work. I even tried resetting my laptop. What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Looks like my problem has been resolved. The culprit turned out to be my password manager, KeePass. When I close that, all my issues are resolved. So if any of you have a password manager installed and open, close it and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like my problem has been resolved. The culprit turned out to be my password manager, KeePass. When I close that, all my issues are resolved. So if any of you have a password manager installed and open, close it and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I have uninstalled everything, creative could, and all Adobe products, removed all preference files, and reinstalled. and still the same issue.

Has anyone been able to figure this out ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, my livelyhood depends on AE working every single day. Please stop ignoring these requests for your product not working whatsoever, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnr2529946  wrote

Hi Adobe, my livelyhood depends on AE working every single day. Please stop ignoring these requests for your product not working whatsoever, thank you.

This is mainly a user-to-user forum (with some minimal staff interaction at times). Adobe isn't "ignoring" anybody here; it's just not their job to hang out in the forums. If you want Adobe's help, you can contact Adobe support. If you go to Adobe.com/support you HAVE to click on the Creative Cloud icon and not the AE icon. That'll take you to the area for help with CC versions. (Otherwise they'll just tell you to come to these forums because they don't support the old versions.)

That being said, we can also try to help you here in these forums. There have been a number of causes of crashing at startup. The main one that is still a problem is custom workspaces. They can sometimes trigger a crash under certain circumstances. If you simply remove your custom workspaces, you should be able to start AE again.

If removing the custom workspaces doesn't solve it for you, give us some more information to go on to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to run AE CC 2017 14.2.1 for awhile now. I get the following error:

I REALLY need this product operational.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove your custom workspaces and try relaunching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam​ - As suggested by you, I removed the workspaces.xml from the following directory:

C:\Users\UserNamel\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\14.2

This did not solve the problem, I also checked directories ' ModifiedWorkspaces' and OriginalUserWorkspaces'. There were no files to be removed from those directories. Besides the aforementioned crash popup, the Adobe AE spash screen shows the following when it crashes:

Note that it crashes when 'Scanning Folder: File Formats Camera Raw'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just checked the crash log and the following exception is within the log file:

Exception Code:     EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Exception Parameters:   Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000

Exception Message:  3221225477 The instruction at 0x

Application Specific Information:

C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just removed plugin for 'Camera Raw' in the follwoing location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats

This has improved the situation and AE now opens. However I now get the following popup:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEAH!!!!

I finally got it working. My steps were as follows:

1. Remove any erroneous plugins in the following directory ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats)
  2. Update and install latest graphics driver your system.

This resolved the issues I was having with AE and my system.

Thank you Szalam​ for putting me on the right path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me.

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue where it gets through the splash screen, most of the time. It goes to 'initialize presets' with a loading bar (time is never the same) and then it all greys out because Windows has encountered an error. I've tried removing the camera raw file within the file formats folder and I've also removed the user preferences file (which by the way, a new one is created upon Ae launch) and to no avail. I've been dealing with this since the release of 14.2 which means I've been stuck at 14.0.1 which starts right up, but is still annoying because I keep getting an error every 10 minutes or so 'Unable to execute script at line 59. undefined is not an object'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you try anything else, delete the camera raw plugin!! It's saved me so many times. Just like William says on his post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there everyone!

I was having the same problem with the startup. The program crashed every time i tried to open it.
I spend a hole day with a friend trying to fix it and couldn’t find the problem until i realized i had a pending update of the mac operating system.
I guess that the problem goes from other programs that interfere with after to this dummy update that never cross my mind.
So check everything! maybe is the same for windows.

Also, thanks for all the info.

regards!

Baby G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

deleted this file, helpt for me:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_0745f11ce6fc197c\igc64.dll

is apparently an intel gpu driver that was the cause of the crash at my system....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines