• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects CC 2018.3 not responding when trying to open a project

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to open a project file given to me from by an animator on 'Fiverr.com'

When I try to open this file the first thing i see one After effects is "After Effects: this project must be converted from version 13.5 (Windows 64). The original file will be unchanged."

Then as it tries to convert the file, it gets stuck at 3 or 4% complete and the 'Not Responding' error occurs.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong! Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Something must be corrupt with the project file.

It's a bit weird that it says it was made in AE 13.5. That was the initial release of CC 2015 and had quite a lot of bugs in it. At the very least, you would think your animator would do the bug fix updates and be running 13.7.x. (Or, more ideally, update to one of the newer versions that run faster, smoother, and have more features...)

It's possible they're running a pirated version which could introduce any number of anomalies into the process. I

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try importing it into a new project instead of opening it. See if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but encountered the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something must be corrupt with the project file.

It's a bit weird that it says it was made in AE 13.5. That was the initial release of CC 2015 and had quite a lot of bugs in it. At the very least, you would think your animator would do the bug fix updates and be running 13.7.x. (Or, more ideally, update to one of the newer versions that run faster, smoother, and have more features...)

It's possible they're running a pirated version which could introduce any number of anomalies into the process. I don't want to disparage fivrrrr right now, but...this isn't the first time I've heard of issues people have had with animators on there...

Try installing older versions of AE on your computer (I think the CC app lets you install as far back as CS6, but they might have changed that). Anyway, if you can install CC 2014, it should be able to open files created in CC 2015, so try installing it and import the file into that.

If it doesn't work, ask your animator to send you another project file. Ask them what fonts, effects, and plugins they used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines