• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects continues to be the bane of my existance

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i've tried everything, i have an i9-13900 Processor, an RTX 1490 GPU Running off an SSD with more then enough free space on an MSI z790 Tomohawk Motherboard... SO my pc isnt the issue i've made sure to disable Game boost in the Bios, My graphics drivers are 100% up to date, i've tried it with game ready drivers, as well as with Studio mode drivers... but if i go into even a simple animation as a fire partical falling, and hit space bar to Play the animation.. while it loads... or if i'm rendering an animation or all manners of things.. it doesnt give me an error or say something broke, it just 100% closes.. As if the program was never opened, then upon reoponing it it says there was an error ... maybe try disabling some plug-ins... but sadly the only plugin i have is Saber.. as I literally just re-downloaded the program in hopes that it would fix my issue... but much to my dismay it has not.. i'm forced to Click pause repeatedly during render to stop the program from just closing down and i have no idea what to do at this point ... i'm frustrated and saddened because i love the program.....when it works... Please someone help 😞

TOPICS
Crash , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

So after extensive research, i figured out the issue, and fixed it... apparently its an issue with 13th and 14th generation Intel processors being overclocked from computer manufacturers clocked far past the Intel suggested rating, and By updating my bios on my motherboard to a safe intel determined setting, it stopped my pc from pushing itself too far, and being forced to close down the offending program, ...so TLDR

If you're having this issue, hit Windows+r..... and type msinfo32 check to see

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Hi @Spartacus9885,

Thank you for reporting this issue, and sorry to hear you've been experiencing these crashes. When After Effects crashes on playback, do you see a dialog to report your crash? Please submit the crash report with your email so that we can take a look at the root cause of your crash.

If you start After Effects in Safe Mode with 3rd party plug-ins disabled, does the crash still occur? 

Thank you for any additional information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh also i have 64gb of  DDR5 ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to share which version numbers you're running for Windows, your graphics driver, and After Effects?  

And what trouble-shooting steps have you tried so far?

This is working well for me for running After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro:

• 13th GEn Intel Core i9-13900H 2.60 GHz
  • 32 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA RTX 4070, Studio Driver version 552.22
  • Windows 11 Pro version 23H2
  • After Effects 24.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Spartacus9885,

Thank you for reporting this issue, and sorry to hear you've been experiencing these crashes. When After Effects crashes on playback, do you see a dialog to report your crash? Please submit the crash report with your email so that we can take a look at the root cause of your crash.

If you start After Effects in Safe Mode with 3rd party plug-ins disabled, does the crash still occur? 

Thank you for any additional information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 24.4, i've uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times, but still the problem persists My name is Brian and my email is Brian981985@gmail.com and there's no dialague at all, one second i hear the fans on my pc spinning up as its say... rendering the preview... or as soon as i start to Render the final product, and then the program just closes... upon re-launch it says it crashed, and asks if i'd like to start it in safe mode.. manage plug-ins ect. 

Things i've tried increasing the memory allotment
purging the cache
pre-rendering
one by one disabling effects trying to figure out which ones are giving me issues ect.

I'm not sure how to post the crash text document  so i'll reduce the font size and screen shot it so i can post the images
Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just crashed again, and i sent in the report, but all i was given was a DMP file... which i'm not sure how to open... honestly i'm at a loss for what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a quick solution, did you try the previous version? This might help until you figure out the issue with the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So after extensive research, i figured out the issue, and fixed it... apparently its an issue with 13th and 14th generation Intel processors being overclocked from computer manufacturers clocked far past the Intel suggested rating, and By updating my bios on my motherboard to a safe intel determined setting, it stopped my pc from pushing itself too far, and being forced to close down the offending program, ...so TLDR

If you're having this issue, hit Windows+r..... and type msinfo32 check to see when your bios was updated, if its a few years ago.. go to your motherboard manufacturers website and look into updating your bios.. cuz there's a fix out there At least for intel 13th/14th generation chips... maybe there will be for yours as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines