• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CS5 hangs on startup

New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CS5 (MAC, german trial version) needs 5-10 minutes to start up, hangs on the message "MediaCore wird initialisiert". On another Mac (small macbook!) it works fine. I did a reinstall, no effect. No plugins are installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Thanks guys.  It looks like both of you are having a similar problem with a third party AVI codec.  Please remove or uninstall any third party AVI codecs such as DivX,  XVid, etc. from your system and try AE again.  

You can also temporarily disable these components by closing any QT related apps and then dragging components out of the Library/QuickTime folder on your boot drive.   If that works, try adding them back one by one until it fails again.  That is the problem codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thoght this comprises all troubleshooting solutions... Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow! After spending hours and hours and hours reading forums and searching online for the answer, I have found the solution (For me, at least)! After removing this plugin and that plugin, and restarting,and uninstalling and reinstalling and going back in time, and being sent to the same useless official Adobe solution...

Library > Preferences > Adobe

Just remove the whole Adobe folder. Your AE will no longer hang, you'll be able to use quicktime again, and every keystroke or mouse click within AE will no longer be a 5-10 second delay.

What a ridiculously simple fix for an excruciatingly stressful situation.

Holy cow I'm exhausted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the Adobe folder in Preferences worked for me.  AE was hanging on "Cleaning Up CEP Manager" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Fast help very much appreciated!

If you need help quickly, you should contact Adobe Technical Support, not use a user-to-user forum where people answer in their free time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the similar problem.

My AE CS5 on windows 7 64bit doesn't recognise any installed codec (ec. divx, xvid,...none). I don't know what to do. Any suggestin please?

When i go to Render queue -> Output module - lossless -> Format options -> Video codec  it shows only basic codec not xvid,divx... I have installed divx codec and register it and still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you understand exactly what you are dealing with. I, too, had questions about this topic and when trying to learn answers I got very confused over how people refer to divx etc., seems to be as families of codec's and not a specific codec, and there are variations.

So when you say "it shows only basic codec not xvid, divx" perhaps AE5 may actually be correct. Since I don't actually know how all this works, I'm only suggesting you satisfy yourself about the terminology and names used.

Sorry, not much help, only hope there is some use in pointing this out.

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.... i been tring to put my cs5 ae into work but nothing i find works... i have delete divx, qt x, little snitch and noting. He sometimes opens some time not. I delete the preference once o twice to make it works and sometimes that works sometimes not. I have a osx 10.6.4, AE 10.0.1, and this is the error that came. Hope can help...

Process:         After Effects [1097]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS5/Adobe After Effects CS5.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

Identifier:      com.adobe.AfterEffects

Version:         10.0.1 (10.0)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [84]

Date/Time:       2010-09-12 22:28:56.660 -0400

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569)

Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          241624 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           95

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  80429 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   73

Anonymous UUID:                      A34C6094-1494-4480-8F19-7F790509BF9F

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Application Specific Information:

*** error for object 0x1244a5a90: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   libSystem.B.dylib             0x00007fff8025d3d6 __kill + 10

1   libSystem.B.dylib             0x00007fff802fd972 abort + 83

2   libSystem.B.dylib             0x00007fff802ec625 szone_error + 519

3   libSystem.B.dylib             0x00007fff80215fa2 szone_free_definite_size + 1641

4   ...ple.CoreServices.CarbonCore 0x00007fff873e1137 CSMemDisposePtr + 23

5   ...ple.CoreServices.CarbonCore 0x00007fff873e1109 CSMemDisposeHandle + 80

6   ...ple.CoreServices.CarbonCore 0x00007fff873e3ce7 DisposeHandle + 9

7   U.dylib                       0x0000000102a87bb9 U_DetachResource + 153

8   PLUG.dylib                    0x00000001020a73b3 PLUG_SendSPMessage + 499

9   PLUG.dylib                    0x00000001020a5c35 PLUG_GetRoutineInfo + 213

10  PIN.dylib                     0x0000000101e8e4be PIN_SwapPiPLProperty(PIProperty*) + 2286

11  PLUG.dylib                    0x00000001020a867f PLUG_SendSPMessage + 5311

12  PLUG.dylib                    0x00000001020a8ccc PLUG_SendSPMessage + 6924

13  PLUG.dylib                    0x00000001020a961a PLUG_SendSPMessage + 9306

14  PLUG.dylib                    0x00000001020a8c37 PLUG_SendSPMessage + 6775

15  PLUG.dylib                    0x00000001020a961a PLUG_SendSPMessage + 9306

16  PLUG.dylib                    0x00000001020a67fd PLUG_Search + 621

17  ...e.AfterEffectsLib.framework 0x000000010062894e CEggApp::Unbirth() + 3886

18  ...e.AfterEffectsLib.framework 0x0000000100640a06 CEggApp::IEggApp(bool, bool, boost::function0<void>) + 6998

19  ...e.AfterEffectsLib.framework 0x0000000100644b8d CEggApp::CEggApp(bool, bool, boost::function0<void>, int) + 1277

20  ...e.AfterEffectsLib.framework 0x00000001006617db SetAPETerminateFunc(boost::function<void ()()> const&) + 1243

21  ...e.AfterEffectsLib.framework 0x0000000100661ee4 EggMain(bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, bool, char*, bool, int) + 84

22  com.adobe.AfterEffects        0x00000001000043b8 main + 1144

23  com.adobe.AfterEffects        0x0000000100003895 _start + 227

24  com.adobe.AfterEffects        0x00000001000037b1 start + 33

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I don't work with MAC's, but your crash report may be telling you something important. It states: "incorrect checksum for freed object...". An 'object" is merely a defined piece of memory that is allocated to an application under particular rules. When the application is done it "frees" the memory back to the OS for reuse, and cannot touch it again. Note the error text goes on to speculate: "object was probably modified after being freed."

Those numbered lines are sample points, or "events", within the software going backward in time, which gives you a picture of what it was doing. You will not be able to decipher them because the names used are software source code, something which you don't have in front of you. But sometimes the names offer subtle clues. Dylib are "dynamic libraries" - code units that are called by the application. You can't assume that line 0 CAUSED the problem, only that it was what was active at the time the problem finally caused the crash. (What is Line 10?)

You might have to believe that either the application (likely one of the plug-ins) tried to write into that object AFTER it had released it, or that there is a memory hardware error causing the memory of that object to change giving the checksum error.

You can't debug the software but you can at least run a memory diagnostic to eliminate that as being the problem.

Sorry, not much help.

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks there... i check the memorys and everythinks ok... The programs crash looking in the file format, but where in hell are they?? try to find it to chech whats in there but only find that photoshop its the one why a folder called like that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any plug-ins for After Effects? Again, I don't use Mac's but even for PC's they say some plug-ins (that worked with AE versions prior to CS5) need to be updated in order to work with AE CS5. (Just a guess but I thought to mention it anyway.) Also, is your Photoshop version CS5?

Since your memory is OK, I suggest you study all your related products and versions to see whether there is a compatibility problem with any of them. Sorry, I'm just guessing, but your crashes are too often; there must be a clear and solid answer that will help you.

Try going to Adobe's AE forum at this link: http://forums.adobe.com/community/aftereffects_general_discussion. You will find very good help there. If you need to post and don't have an account, create one, they are free.

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.... answering, i verify all my plugins and all are cs5 compatible (i'm using cs5)... also delete all the plugins and still give me the same error... If any of the adobe staff would help me understand the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forget the link, I see that is where you are already. But hopefully a mac user will chime in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2010 Sep 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I´ve had the same problem on 64 bit Win7. AE CS5 freezes at startup, splash dialog says "Initializing Mediacore" and nothing happens.

I emptied the mediacore-folder (Program/Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS5/Support Files/(Media Core plug-ins)/Common) and copy/pasted all of the files to a folder on my desktop. After that I was able to start After Effect. Then I copy/pasted the files back in the Media Core Folder, one by one, and started After Effects each time. When the file "ImporterRED" was added back in the Media Core Folder, After Effects didn´t start and the splash dialog once again froze at "Initializing Mediacore". I removed the "ImporterRED" and After Effects started.

My only dilemma right now is that Adobe Premiere won´t start. Just as before I removed the ImporterRED-file, Premiere freezes at startup, a splash dialog says "Loading ImporterRED.prm" and nothing happens. But I guess that´s another problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've the same pb on win7 64bit, a freeze on the splash screen at the importerRED.prm for premiere and media encoder.

But not freeze for AE.

If you have an idea.

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry mate, I have absolutely no clue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem on a Mac Snow Leopard system and it was the Quicktime component \Library\Quicktime\AviImporter-r7 (Intel).component that was the culprit. Removing it solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i don't remember what thing i added that installed that..wish i could be of more help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. Do you think this was something you likely installed fairly recently? (If it was months ago a newer version of the component may have fixed the problem by now and then I wouldn't be able to repeat it).

If you still have the problematic component somewhere we could get info on it and see what version it was.

Thanks,

Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to email you the file but it bounced. Send me an email and I'll shoot it to you. Mine's mantis108@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be great, thanks.  I'm at smonger-at- adobe -dot- com.  You may have to compress/zip it to keep the spam filter happy.

Thanks!

Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... I did the new user again and its work. Thank to all

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2011 Jan 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My solution was attributable to my firewall (Microsoft Defender) blocking TCP connections to QuckTime - in my case I first noticed this when opening Encore.  Here's the steps that resolved my problems on CS5, Windows 7, 64 bit:

Control Panel
Windows Firewall
Advanced Settings
Outbound Rules
New Rule...
Program/Next
This program path:  (use Windows Explorer to search)
c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS5\msvcr71.dll
Allow the connection
(Leave checks Domain, Private, Public)/Next
Name Description: (whatever you like - will display at top of Windows Firewall Advanced Security Outbound Rules)
Thanks for the tip, Sethmonger!
Good luck,  Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything, adding all pf the suggestions to my firewall list, searched for any faulty quicktime files but AfterFX AND Premiere won't work

AfterFX because of the mediacore, Premiere Pro because of ImporterRed. Even when I disable my firewall. (I still have Microsoft Security Essentials running, does anyone have any experience with this?)

Is there a proper sollution for this problem because this is really unacceptable.

I'm on a win 7, 64 bit machine.

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey SenorCocos.

Just like you, I had myself a dysfunctional AE & PR on Win 7, 64-bit, stuck at MediaCore, etc. Either I could manage to get PR running with AE down, or, AE running with PR down. After days of thread busting, trial and error, I finaly killed the dynamiclinkmanager.exe by renaming the file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\dynamiclink\CS5.5\dynamiclinkmanager.exe

Oh, and I have also disabled these:

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterQuickTime.prm

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm

Adobe Media Encoder CS5.5\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterQuickTime.prm

Adobe Media Encoder CS5.5\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm

Now both AE & PR actually start up without the need to phrack up any firewall settings at all. I guess it has not been the best and the brightest at work when it comes to this 'feature'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these suggestions were working for me (Mac OS). I finally noticed in the Activity Monitor, that I had two versions of the Adobe QT32 Server running. I quit one of the processes and now After Effects launches normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines