Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects doesn't show my Image in the preview window

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

first of all I'm sorry if my english isn't perfect.

I just started using AE and tryed following a tutorial to track a title to my video.

All worked fine until I applied my tracking data to my null object, suddenly the preview window

stopped showing my Image. I searched here for solutions but didn't find anything, I closed AE and did it again, same problem after applying my tracking data. 

AE Error1.PNG

The image above shows the new window where I tracked everything. The image below shows my composition after applying the tracking data.

AE Error.PNG

It seems that the programm still does what I want but I just can't see what I'm doing, AE just shows me the white outline of my image.

I hope you guys can help me out, I know AE is an awesome programm but it's realy frustrating with such problems that you just can't figure out.

Thanks in advance,

Broady

(My specs, if needed:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, 8x 3900 Mhz

GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ASUS Dual-RTX2070S-8G-EVO, 8 GB GDDR6

Mainboard ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming

16 GB DDR4-RAM, Dual Channel (2x 8GB), 3000Mhz, G.Skill Aegis

1000GB M.2 PCle SSD Intel 660p

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Okay I just found a solution, I right-clicked in the composition window and changed the preview settings from audio (didn't noticed when that changed?) to play actual preview (word to word translation from german to english) and however now its all working fine.

Thank you to all of you for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, first of all, it looks like you are zoomed out to 12.5% view in the composition window. How's the view at 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue at 100% or anything between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you change the scale to Fit in the red line option below?

fit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE Error2.PNG

It seems that at 100% the video is to big so you can't see the white outlines of it, so I have it at 12,5% 

AE Error3.PNG

This is how it looks at 50%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the footage is in 3840 x 2160 at 25fps, if this infos may help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could happen if your GPU driver goes wonky. Try updating or rolling back your GPU driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my GPU driver once with my device manager and with the GeForce Experience application. I don't know how to roll it back, but I didn't mentioned earlier that I just bought this PC a few days ago, so there shouldn't realy be something to roll back too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I just found a solution, I right-clicked in the composition window and changed the preview settings from audio (didn't noticed when that changed?) to play actual preview (word to word translation from german to english) and however now its all working fine.

Thank you to all of you for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you put the image at the bottom. move it up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines