Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Error 33 7

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a video editor and downloaded some stock text animations from Adobe, and when I go to open them in After Effects, I get an error that says, "After Effects error: file is damaged. ( 33 :: 7 )"

I haven't used After effects before, so there's no settings changed, and Premiere, Photoshop and other apps work perfectly on my machine... So I'm not sure what to do.

I have tried clearing the Adobe Cache for premiere, troublshooting and multiple machines. I don't understand how an animation from Adobe's website, doesn't work...

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JoelR,

Sounds frustrating. I am often perplexed by some these dialog boxes, as well. I researched the problem and came up with a forum post that may help. To summarize, you may have a corrupt project file. Hopefully, you can either repair it or work with an Auto-Save version. Here you go: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effect-error-file-is-damaged-33-7/m-p... Return for any questions or if this helped you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the downloaded file is .zip try to use another unzip software because it may damage will you unzip the file 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows it's the complete file. I downloaded it on this machine, and it tries to open it. Occasionally one will open, but about 70% won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact info on the projects/ presets we can't tel lyou much. there have been a ton of bugs with this lately from AE not opening cross-platform projects or legacy projects to specific issues with fonts. Impossible to say much based on such a generic post.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded the .mogrt and .aep files from Adobe's website, through their stock photo subscription plan. It's uncompressed, but won't open correctly on this machine. It's not cross-platform, and all my apps are up-to-date.

I haven't used After Effects yet, just downloaded it. It opens and can create projects, just has issues with certain files I'm trying to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines