• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: Code (A_Err_GENERIC): This version of AE requires and installation of Cinema 4D

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would appreciate your help.

I want to open a cinema 4d file in after effects and I get an error:

( After Effects error: Code (A_Err_GENERIC): This version of AE requires and installation of Cinema 4D R25 (25.015 or later). This can be installed by the AE installer ( 0 :: 1)

I`ve  read the posts of this forum about the same problem but it is not solved it.

I have cinema r24 r25  and the latest version of cinema r26 updated from maxon app and the latest version of after effects installed.

Thank you

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve the problem!!!! uninstall after effects and delete the Adobe After Effects 2022 folder that is in c: program files/Adobe. Install After Effects and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too!  AE v22.5.0_build53 and cinema 4D R26.107 on windows 10.   However I had a bunch of custom config files in my %/Programs/Adobe/After Effects 2022  folder so I just renamed the old install folder to ..../After Effects 2022-BACKUP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah -- same issue here.  Tried the replies listed below but still not working.  Interestingly I can see Cineware in the plug-ins folder but it still keeps saying I don't have it installed and I can install it from the installer.  Not sure where or how I can "install [via] the AE installer" besides uninstalling it entirely and reinstalling it which I've now done twice.  I've also tried removing the AE folder entirely and then reinstalling, still no luck. Not sure what's going on, but definitely a headache that I can no longer import C4D files/ data for compositing and camera matching in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: 

Fyi -- looks like I just solved it on my end.  I installed Cinema 4D R25 direct from Maxon website and now I'm no longer getting the error message in AE.  I still have R26.107 installed on my machine and will still plan to use that for any C4D work, but I'm guessing R25 installed something, somewhere that helps AE see what it needs to see. Why its default installation isn't installing whatever it needs to C4D Lite, I don't know, but this seems to have solved things at least for now on my end.

Fyi -- looks like I just solved it on my end.  I installed Cinema 4D R25 direct from Maxon website and now I'm no longer getting the error message in AE.  I still have R26.107 installed on my machine and will still plan to use that for any C4D work, but I'm guessing R25 installed something, somewhere that helps AE see what it needs to see. Why its default installation isn't installing whatever it needs to C4D Lite, I don't know, but this seems to have solved things at least for now on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me as well (I am on MAC) thank you a lot cause I couldn't find any other solution on internet concerning this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but im on after effect 2022 and cinema 4D r25 stiil showing After Effects error: Code (A_Err_GENERIC): This version of AE requires and installation of Cinema 4D R24 (24.111 or later). This can be installed by the AE installer ( 0 :: 1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dont use a crack  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines