• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Error: missing data in file. (33::4)

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to get After Effects to read this? Any way to repair it? Or troubleshooting methods? Unfortunately, I need this version of the file. I had done about a day's worth of work, and all the auto-saves give me the same error. I'm really not sure what happened. Everything worked fine, I did my renders, sent it off to the client and now a week later, it's giving me issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Thanks for the suggestions Roei! They didn't work, but after investigating the project files, the project that I thought I needed was very small compared to all my other project files. So something really weird happened. Don't know what. Luckily all of my files were backed up online as well, and I was able to download a slightly older version and am now up and running. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience!

We have released a new update for After Effects with a fix for the error 33:4 while opening the project. We would recommend you to update to version 17.0.2 and then check if the issue reoccurs. Check out this article to know more: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

We're here to help. 🙂

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My heart nearly stopped!

after getting this error, I went straight to my backup files.

it's about a month's work! so I have at least 30 backups.

every backup up I opened, from the latest to oldest, all corrupted!

Welcome to hell.

finally, after a full day wasted, a reason to continue living....

going back from V 17.01 to V 17 evenings back to normal.

Please Adobe,  don't let anymore suffer.

it's your responsibility! 

Fix it or alert your users!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm soooo pissed off; grateful it was something I just started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you! Seriously!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started receiving this issue after the after effects 2020 update. I checked my applications and realized it installed AF 2020.  I had both AF2019 and 2020 on my machine which caused a conflict. To resolve this issue i Uninstalled the update or AF 2020. Later once im finished with my project i will try uninstalling 2019 and reinstalling 2020 to see if the error still occurs...

Check pc if you have both 2019 and 2020 this may cause configuration issues remove one and try opening the file again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... here's a solution that worked for me.... it had to do with versions.
I created a file in AE 2019 (without realising i had done so) and used Realsmart motion blur (RSMB).

Hours later, I tried to open the file in AE 2020 (my usual version), but I don't have RSMB installed on that version. 

I got that error, and panicked, thinking I'd lost it all. 
Opened it in 2019, deleted the effect (RSMB) and then resaved. Now it opens in 2020 without that data error. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Just ran into this issue.  Haven't run into any other 17.0.1 issues before, but the first time I opened up an AE 2019 project with rotobrushing data in there, I got the error.  I Googled the error and it gave me a link to this thread on the forums.  Thank heavens.  Re-downloaded AE 2019, installed, imported (not direct load) the corrupted file, and it imported fine.  Re-saved as a new name.  Then opened up AE 2020 and it opened just fine.  Other than the small heart attacks that this caused, all is well.  🙂  Thanks to you all for the digital CPR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience!

We have released a new update for After Effects with a fix for the error 33:4 while opening the project. We would recommend you to update to version 17.0.2 and then check if the issue reoccurs. Check out this article to know more: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

We're here to help. 🙂

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivangi,

I am having this issue with an AE project that I last saved in early April and mostly worked on in March. I'm able to open an AE project I worked on yesterday with no problem. But I've now tried 10 versions of the March/April project, and with each one, I get the 33:4 error. I'm running the latest AE (Version 17.0.6 Build 35) with the latest version of Catalina on a 2018 MacMini. Any help would be appreciated, as I spent a huge amount of time on that project and not can't open it.  Thanks! Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivangi,

I am having this issue with an AE project that I last saved in early April and mostly worked on in March. I'm able to open an AE project I worked on yesterday with no problem. But I've now tried 10 versions of the March/April project, and with each one, I get the 33:4 error. I'm running the latest AE (Version 17.0.6 Build 35) with the latest version of Catalina on a 2018 MacMini. Any help would be appreciated, as I spent a huge amount of time on that project and not can't open it.  Thanks! Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Найдено решение!
У меня была такая же проблема. - missing data in file. ( 33::4 ) 
Версия программы в которой я работал After Effects 17.01.
 Через Creative Cloud Desktop я удалил версию 17.01  затем установил новейшую 17.02 и всё заработало!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17.0.2 worked for me, thank fully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a 2017 problem, and I got the same problem in 2022.

A year ago, due to the same problem, I had two weeks of working from scratch.
This year, after the month-long work file has been automatically updated from V2022 to V2023, it will not open with a 33:4 error.

I tried to delete the V2023 and import it by installing the V2022 > Detail > Old version, but this time, the file will not open due to another conflict.

I can't live with this anxiety every time I do something important.
The After Effect program is the main tool of my life.

I have to work on it for a long time, keep the files
The old job files cannot be opened due to numerous updates.
If this is repeated about twice a year after year,
I won't be able to proceed with the big project anymore.

We need a clear solution, not just 'delete the program, install the old version'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

other crash 

after effect error: Crash in progress. last logged message was: <27812> <APIP> <5>화면 캡처 2022-11-24 115812.jpg화면 캡처 2022-11-24 115833.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem as well. I had my auto save set at 2 minutes and just checked it was somehow at 20 minutes. My computer crashed and now I have this errror and I lost all my work for the day on After Effects 23. Can't even open my project that I've been working on all week same error 33:4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines