• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects error: zero denominator converting ratio denominators (17::18)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Whenever I add the CC Force Motion Blur effect to my clip in After Effects I get a pop-up message that says 

"After effects error: zero denominator converting ratio denominators (17::18)"

I click the OK button but the message instantly appears again making the program unusubale. I end up having the fully quit after effects to get rid of the message.

I'm currently running version 22.2 (windows 11) and my footage is from a linked comp in Premiere Pro. Some clips were shot at 25fps and others at 50fps, the error occurs for both.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Hi all, 

This issue has been fixed in the latest release of After Effects (v 22.6). 

After Effects 22.6 is now live!

Thank you for your patience on this.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to pre-compose the footage bits in question and apply the effect in the parent comp. Otherwise more info is requirted liek actual footage types, comp settings, hardware acceleration settings, caches, multiframe rendering and what have you.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the speedy reply! I have pre-composed the footage and still receiving the same error 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JAKE5E9E,

I tried to reproduce the issue at my end but it worked as expected. Please share the following details so that we troubleshoot the issue properly:

• What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)?
  • What's the exact version of After Effects and Premiere Pro you're using?
  • What are the rest of the details of the footage (frame size, format/codec)?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nishu!

My specs are as follows:

• AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080
  • Kingston FURY Beast RGB Black 64GB (2x32GB) PC4-28800 (3600MHz) DDR
  • Windows 11 Home 21H2

I'm currently running:

• After Effects V22.2
  • Premiere Pro V22.2

I'm using a combination of footage from an FX3, A73, and DJI Mavic Pro 2. I get the error when using clips from any of these.

The FX3 footage is 4k 25fps MP4/MOV H.264 10 bit 4:2:2 

The A73 footage is 4k 25fps MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0 

The Drone footage is 2688 x 1512 50fps MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0 

Both Premiere Pro and After Effects compositions are set to 25fps.

Let me know if there's anything else I can provide.

Thank you for your help!!

Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same problem.

Following this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya Nishu,

I'm having the same problem, have you found a resolution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I have the same problem! keep getting the same error message. Version 2.0 seems okey but versions over that will generate this error sometimes. I have constructed a huge project with lots of users so it would be great to know what is causing this error. (My After Effects project doesnt have any footage or solids, just comps, shape layers, text and lots of scripts) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error, adobe help! Appers when enable gpu acceleration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These steps solved the issue. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a solid layer with animated masks, then i track matte linked from another layer.
Precomposing the only the solid and leaving all the attributes in main comp solved the issue. Thanks
Afx 23.6.0 here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have the exact same issue and I think the only solution is to go back to version 22.0 because everything works fine there. So it's just a bug of the version 22.2 and 22.1 and I hope Adobe will fix it with the next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry, you have to go back to version 22.1.1 not 22.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Luca,

Yep this is what I have also done, hopefully there is an update soon that fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I hope so ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It happends when I have the Transform effect added on a layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem after updating on MacOS 12.3.1 Intel, AE 22.3. iMac Pro, Vega 56, 64Gb ram.

No video footage, only imported AI files, shapes and PNGs.

Not fixed in 22.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JAKE5E9E ,

Thank you for reporting this frustrating issue, and also for mentioning CC Force Motion Blur as this was a good clue for us.

@ttvd94 Thank you for the detail regarding the Transform effect.

We are able to reproduce the errors and we have this queued to fix. In the mean time can work around the errors by turning off GPU rendering. File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects > Use > Mercury Software Only.

Cheers,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. I believe that is also because of the Transform effect I have applied to a number of layers. Looking forward to a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not yet fixed in the 22.5 beta, can you give an ETA on the release? Because turning off GPU rendering is a big hassle: up to 4x slower on some of my renders... Kills my real-time previews... Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project at the mo where this error prompt pops up and I have to click Ok, no exaggeration, over 1000 times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Fixed in beta 22.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: the error is NOT present in beta 22.6 (build 33). This is not the latest beta, I'm not updating my beta untill the issue is fixed in the release version 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 2022 M1Max

RAM 64 Gb

AE - Up to date

Creative Cloud  - Up to date

Error (17::19) affecting one of eight comps in my project.  95% of the files in the comp are not appearing in the composition timeline however, the comp is included in another composite composition where all the files are viewable and working properly, and yet I cannot access or edit them in the  original comp.  The comp is all still images (PNG) and the frame rate is 60fps.   Please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines