• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects freezes when I try to change to a different application

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my ae to the latest version around the same time that I updated my windows to win 11 and now when I try to switch application while editing, my system freezes followed by a black screen and my graphics drivers restarting. My event viewer seems to show this: 

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

However im not sure if this is related.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, update the graphics driver. It really means what it says. Something is wrong with it. Anything more will require precise system info.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hishaam23672507reco

This seems to be more of a problem with the graphics driver than After Effects. Start by updating or downgrading your video driver, as Mylenium suggested.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And apparently the issue does not come from After Effects but from the Operating System, as Milenium and Rameez already said, specifically from the GPU driver. You haven't told us which GPU you have but look for the driver on the manufacturer's site or if you already have it try to downgrade to the last functional version you had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines