• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects gets stuck at initializing required components.

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always had issues with ae (2020). It would always get stuck and show the spinning ball and just stop working while making a project at a certain point and then I would always have to force quit it because it wasn't responding and it wouldn't close. It would also get stuck during rendering, but that's a whole different story. Now it's not even letting me open it and getting stuck at initializing required components. Takes a while to load, but when it does go completely through this happens. I also reset preferences and that didn't change anything. I have no idea why ae doesn't like to work and hope this can get fixed. On a Mac OS.Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 8.35.39 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: The next morning it did open and showed this, but then the spinning ball just showed up and I couldn't click on anything or do anything so I had to force quit it. It said "your disk cache folder is on a drive that does not have enough available space to safely store the full amount specified in your preferences. Please make more space available or to to media and disk cache preferences to change the folder or maximum disk cache size"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines