• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects masking problems with an illustrator File

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a graphic from Illustrator, its just boxes and some text. I want the text to blink a few times and I was going to use masks in After Effects but when I put a mask on the file it covers the text (so far doing what I want it to do) then I turn the opacity down. It turns the opacity down on everything but the mask. I want the mask opacity to fade then come back up. I tried the different modes and inverting each of them. The closest that I got was when the mask would darked but then the rest of the graphic was gone.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need 2 masks. The first mask is set to Add and includes all of the text, the second mask is set to subtract and just covers the letter you want to make blink. Animate mask opacity for the bottom mask. In this screenshot, the keyframes for mask opacity are 100, 0 , 0, 100.

Screenshot_2020-09-20 08.40.33_sR7kuC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aside from this not being a good workflow, it may simply boil down to your hardware acceleration not working correctly, i.e. your graphics driver not being able to deal with transparencies. Start by updating your graphics driver. otehr than that you might want to consider splitting your artwork into separate layers for maximum control. Again, what you are trying to do is an extremely clunky approach that no professional would use.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines