• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects not previewing anything (or even rendering)

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working in this project, a 20sec clip of a box floating in the air. I used 3d camera tracking, lots of 3d layers and a Element 3D asset.

It was all working fine until i was about to finish it and hit render. When suddenly the preview window started showing only a black screen, and when i hit spacebar it render absolutely nothing. The timeline doesn't even move or anything.

I've searched a lot trying to fix this. Did everything i could find. Even downgraded the software. But even then, it would not show anything.

I'm using CC 2021, with Element 3D.

Specs:

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz

GTX 1660

16gb of RAM

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Element 3D on your project, you try to clear the cache of it.

To do that in Element, go into the Scene Setup, click File, Preferences, and then clear those 2 cache buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off AE's own hardware acceleration to conserve more resources for Element 3D. also reboot the system before rendering to start with a clean, unfragmented video RAM.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd completely forgotten about those cache buttons

element preferences.PNG

It might be worth checking your texture sizes too. Element might appear to handle large image resolutions, but at crunch time, when it needs to render at highest quality, I've had black screens.  I think it's caused by the GPU crashing Element. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines