• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Not Responding! CAN'T DO ANYTHING!

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC:

MSI PE70 2QE x64

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210H CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

After Effects CS6

The program opens as normal and all seems well. However, after camera tracking a short clip, then trying to move layers the program crashes and simply says not responding.

I have tried many of the tips given throughout these forums (such as preference changes, re-installations, cache clear outs etc) with no luck and it is really stressing me out! Especially with University just around the corner!!

PLEASE can somebody help me!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

After reading endless threads and trying numerous solutions I have come across something that seems to have done the trick (although it has only been in use for 10 minutes).

In short, I have installed a much older driver for my GTX960M. According to the thread I read the newer drivers cause problems for Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After changing the RAM reserved for other applications to 3GB I still have the same problem. I am still unconvinced that the RAM is the issue here. My RAM usage is no more than 50% throughout the use of After Effects and at the time of the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did the solution you marked as correct continue to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm having the same problem tooo.

I'm having the latest version od Adobe AE 2021 and having the all requirements of AE but it's still says not responding . I didn't know how to fix . I have tried many tips but none  of them had worked . Why it's happened this so . Any answers in much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was driving me nuts for too long until i finally just went to the creative cloud app and uninstalled the latest AE version i was using and then reinstalled it.  It works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well nothing will work to be honest no matter how much ram you have it will still crash,hang,not respond its just how after effects works i have been using AE for 3 years (my opinion though)used it on multiple machines overall i think by not doing multitasking Ae works much better and by giving it some respect (giving it time to do stuff ) works much better,most of the time when all of the ram is used by ae ur pc will start to not respond things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same situation plz help me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines