• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects playback volume is quiet compared to Premiere - almost unable to work with

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there community!

I've been working with Premiere and After Effects via Dynamic Link for around 4 years now. I've not had this issue before. To summarise the issue: video clips in my Premiere timeline are nice and loud without any audio effects and no keyframed volume added, then I create a dynamically linked AE composition with those clips and without changing the volume of my speakers those same clips are almost impossible to hear in AE during playback. Creating animations that work alongside the audio is becoming increasingly tiring with this issue.

I recently updated my suite of AE, PP, PS and AI to CC2020, latest update. This hasn't happened before.

Sure I could manually increase the dB of each individual clip in AE, and this makes it less impossible to hear them, but still hard to hear them. And that seems like a bandade as opposed to an actual fix. 

Why is AE so quiet compared to PP? Could I have screwed up some settings somewhere? 

My audio output preferences seem to match between the two programs.

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
Audio , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Found a fix on another forum https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/38986864-bug-wrong-audio-settings-after-importing-premiere

Workaround: after dynamic linking from premiere > after effects
1.) Select all the footage that contains the audio you want (and that is significantly quieter in AE than in premiere)
2.) Right click
3.) Hover over Effects > click Remove All

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Solved the issue, following the advice @LGPCB831 . but a nondestructive way to achieve this is.

Select all the audio in AE that is quiet. And disable the fx switch in the layers pannel.Screenshot 2021-01-28 143705.png

(its the between quality and sampling and frame blending) 

Hope this helps, I couldn't figure out this issue for a while. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm. This is 100% working for me. Anyway it's look lika a bug that we need to do this to have a coorrect volume of audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great alternative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! - that fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when I look under effects, I see two instances of "Stereo Mixer" that I definitely did not add. For whatever reason, these reduce my audio by about 60-80%. Oddly, they're not on clip of video.

If you click on the fx button or on remove-->all effects, it will also get rid of stuff you probably want like keying so I think the real solution is to check each track for "Stereo mixer" under the effects and delete them. 

Thanks for the help--I never would've thought to look there or suspected that would make any difference. I wonder how the @#$!@#$ it's getting added to my clips... This new version of AE is very unstable for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines