• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects "Character Palette" Error

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having an increasingly annoying issue opening projects from legacy versions of Ae, which right now encompasses every project before the 2018 release. We re-use a ton of assets here & are constantly re-opening older projects to retrieve them so a solution for this is absolutely crucial to us. The only work around we have found so far is saving down to a CC 2014 version on a Windows PC, which we do not have in-house. We appreciate what ever feedback / solutions / input we can get from anyone who has had this issue. We have attached specs for our machines, thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.31.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.14.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.13.46 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and I think that I found the solution!

The text on PS had different variations on the same layer:

Exo Regular and Exo Extrabold.

- I opened the .psd file, changed every character to Exo Regular, saved.

- Then I opened the .ae file, pressed Layer > Create > Convert to Editable Text

- After Effects didn't cash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same crashing problem with a the Variable Font. Specifically Extenda Variable Beta.
I've attached screenshots shot my OS, version of AE and font family.
Is there a solve or a time frame for when the variable font issue for AE will be resolved?
Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 8.59.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-19 at 8.59.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-19 at 8.58.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Seems to be the Variable Fonts. This is concerning that this seems to be an issue flagged 2 years ago and still hasn't been resolved. I know a lot of you are saying to change to a non-variable font, but that's not an option when working on a full campaign where all the assets are using the same fonts. The sad workaround seems to be making everything in photoshop (which somehow can handle variable fonts?) and then making the layers rastor layers in after effects, but this is clearly a crappy solution since it's adding a bunch of extra steps and time instead of just editing text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI just import the file ae file it will work

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Found a quick solution (hope Adobe will solve it.)

Had the same problem while using a variable font - after effects immidiatly crashed and showed this error

what I did is:
Go to the Font manager app on your mac.

Look for the font in use in the project.

Make it OFF or Delete it (I just shut it down.)

after effects will now work - and will notify on missing fonts.

now u can go back to the font manager and turn it on again.

hope this help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error with CC2020, and another similar duringthe load screen. It has solved resetting the preferences ^^.
Have this keys pressed while launching.

Reset preferences

Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey, i have the same issue before and i got the solution. the problem is from the font that you use in AE. so, you just delete the font and the project will open like before. maybe you can find the font from other website and download it again. hope it will help you guys. Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines