• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects shape layers anti-aliasing problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to import many Illustrator files into After Effects and convert the AI-layers into shape layers.

After the conversion into shape layers I encounter a problem with the anti aliasing.

After the import of the separate AI layers, I set each of them in the "Interpret Footage" -> "More Options" dialog from "fast" to "accurate".

If I don't do this, two adjacent layers have a line of semitransparent pixels between them. So the anti aliasing fixes this issue in the AI layers.

I need to animate the shape / path of the vector layers. So I convert them to AE shape layers.

As you can see below the shape layers again have a row of semitransparent pixels and visible steps between them.

The color layers do not overlap eachother, their anchor points meet exactly at the same spots. So there is absolutely no space between them!

It would be very annoying if I had to manually make the layers overlap each other by a pixel. If there is no fix for this problem then I will add a stroke with a width of 1 pixel. But this would be annoying, too.

Is there an anti alias setting for shape layers? Or is this some kind of premultiplication problem?

The images below are zoomed versions of the original to better see the problem.

antialias_test.png

Here is a link to a simple Illustrator file to replicate the problem: WeTransfer

You will have to import the separate layers or import the whole file as footage and then split the layers and convert the layers to shape layers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

I had this problem - changes the view mode to full res and it was fixed.....

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing renderer to cinema 4d really helps, as the antialiasing option is enabled with that.

But you wont be able to use the blending modes or the masks without precomping.

Using roughen edges preset with the fractal influence value zero and the border value to 2 or more solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines