• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects- Sped Up Video Clips/Robotic Movements

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone had a solution for footage that After Effects suddenly speeds up in a way that makes movements look robotic and not natural. I've tried looking everywhere for answers but can't seem to find anything regarding this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can combine linear, bezier and hold Keyframes to create a similar look. Even, you can use the Posterize Time effect to achieve a strobe effect for video playback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jazlw311,

I understand that your preview in After Effects is not at normal speed, it's sped up. Is that correct?

What kind of footage is it - would you mind providing more details about it?

What kind of a computer and OS do you have?

Does it happen in all your projects?

Have you tried any other type of media?

Let's start with these details.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, and even when I render it, it's sped up as well. It's an MPEG-4 Movie File. I have a MacBook Pro OS Sierra 10.12.6 version. It only happens when I'm working with a MPEG-4 Movie File and I precomposed most of the layers before I added any color grading to the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you're on a Mac, transcode the problem footage to ProRes 422.  See if the problem goes away.

Oh, and don't use video shot on a phone unless you use a video camera app for your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried transcoding as Dave suggested?

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which codec/format did you transcode to?

Would you be willing to share a sample clip with us so that we can test it on our end?

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines