• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects title template issue

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit a video using motion titles, I used one title for one section of the video with the words "The Message", the second title (using the same graphic) is supposed to say "The Messenger" in the later part of the video, but when I change the words on the second graphic, it automatically changes the words from the first graphic to match the second.

How do I separate the two titles, but use the same motion graphic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we'll need a little more info to be able to help you.

are you trying to do this on a single layer in a single composition? are there expressions on the text layer you're trying to edit? what are you using to edit the video? where did this template come from? how are you editing the text?

as much detail to what you're doing to get the undesired result as you can give would be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya Matt! I think the user has a text layer within a nested comp - that's how most templates are created.

Dear user, if my assumption is correct, then you will need to duplicate the composition, in the Project Panel. This will create two independent instances of the composition with the text layer too being independent. Make the necessary change to one of the instances and drop it into the destination comp.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MichaelAresPhoto,

Still having trouble or did our experts help you solve your problem. Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines