• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Track Matte not available in Online Tutorial

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm watching this tutorial online:Retro 80s Intro - After Effects Motion Graphics Tutorial - YouTube

And at the 2:28 mark the guy changes the Track Matte as "Alpha Matte Grid"

But when I go to do this effect it doesn't work because nothing is there. I followed this tutorial word for word but I don't know whats wrong.

When I go back through the process it seems that everything's good until I make the Grid layer 3D but you can clearly see in the tutorial he makes it 3D and he has the option available.

I provided some screenshots for visuals

HELP.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 12.53.15 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Track matte is not available when you use the C4D rendering engine. Change to Classic.

In the future make sure you read and understand the warnings and features of the different rendering options.

Screenshot_2018-08-09 06.03.17_cC87nh.png

I would give that tutorial about a 7. The workflow is OK but the explanations are not as good as they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expand the column header width of the timeline pane so AE can actually show the buttons.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't do anything.

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 8.46.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Track matte is not available when you use the C4D rendering engine. Change to Classic.

In the future make sure you read and understand the warnings and features of the different rendering options.

Screenshot_2018-08-09 06.03.17_cC87nh.png

I would give that tutorial about a 7. The workflow is OK but the explanations are not as good as they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines