• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Videos Rendering with Major Glitches

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effects to edit some gaming footage for YouTube from raw footage recorded with the microsoft gaming bar on my PC. I have done this multiple times in the exact same manner with no issues. And to my knowledge, I have changed no settings that would have caused it. I am by no means an expert, but I have edited a fair amount of videos with basic complexity using AE. 

The problem: Major Glitches after Rendering. 

The glitches do not show up at all when I am in After Effects editing the footage, the composition looks great. However, upon rendering, they appear. And even if I trim or altar the composition in AE, they glitches still come out in the same part of the footage. I thought it may be the footage, but they do not show up at all when I view the raw footage, and they do not show up at all in editing, and I have had no problems with this footage before. Thus, leading me to believe it is not a problem with footage. 

This problem arose with my last video, which can be found here - to see the glitches in their worst form, jump to the 2:00 minute mark in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls8wIPyt99I (Again, these glitches do not appear in raw footage nor the composition on AE)

I just made a second video with completely new footage, hoping the problem would resolve itself. And I have the exact same issues in this one. Please help. 

Things I have tried - Resetting computer, Restarting AE, Lowering output video quality from 4K to YT 1080. I have also comfirmed that I do not think it is a memory problem, as my computer is running AE with relative ease and my CPU usage never really goes too high. 

Please help, thank you.  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most likely reason for this is the captured footage itself.  Game-play video captured at irrationally-high frame rates (anything over 60 or 59.94 fps qualifies) and in the typically- poor codecs of cheap capture software is VERY likely to give AE fits.

I recommend using other capture software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you! I will look into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, why are you using After Effects to edit video?  Premiere Pro is a much better option, unless you are doing some kind of major effects, processing or compositing work.

Secondly, many game capture applications capture using variable frame rates, which After Effects gets very confused by.  After Effects only copes with constant frame rate footage.  If your capture software has the ability to lock the farame rate to a constant rate, you should do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will check if it does. And I just use it because it is the one I was familiar with from design classes. I may need to look into a less complex software option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines