• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects warning: there are duplicated effect plug-ins installed on your drive.

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i was trying to open AE when i suddenly get an error out of nowhere. its telling me that there are multiple copies of a plugin in my drive?? (actually it duplicated every single effect).. i dont know why or how that happened. my AE was working perfectly two days ago. ive searched for a solution everywhere and nothings working:/ 

ive restarted my computer, checked for the duplicates by going on the mediacore folder but theyre nowhere to be found. 

please if anyone could help me find a solution.. 

also i dont really wanna uninstall after effects as it'd delete everything and ive downloaded a lot of plugins/presets etc and i dont think i can find everything ive downloaded anywhere 😞

ps. i have AE 2018

ps. 2 i also have AE 2017 but its never given me any issues before.. idkScreen Shot 2020-03-31 at 11.36.44 PM.png 

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Did you check for the duplicated plug-ins at the locations mentioned in the screenshot?

Let us know if deleting them helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i did. The duplicates are not there either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i installed the latest version today and got the same error. Unistalled and removed any preferences and then reinstalled and got the same error. Is there a fix for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's strange that the reported two folders for each displayed duplicate displays the same location. I think this may be due to an AE Prefs error or perhaps a lower level issue with your harddrive.

If your AE Preferences files have errors it's pointless doing a new install IF you select to migrate Previous Settings during the installation process.

I suggest you delete AE's Prefs to see if the message appears.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have the same problem has anyone found the solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the solution is you have to remove a shortcut to your plugins of ae or ae folder, just go into your ae folder wherever its installed in file explorer and search for .lnk files which are shortcut files and delete the one on the date the bug started happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines