• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects + Windows 11 = unusuable

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had to work on an older project which needed updating.

On booting up and opening the project in after effects, it took over 2 minutes just to render the preview, at half quality.  The same for any changes made to the project, such as (but not limited to);

- toggling layer visibility

- creating new simple layers such as solids or just text

- deleting layers

After even allowing an Adobe mission to have a look via remote access but they could see the problem for themselves and look at all the settings or after effects and even stuff like my graphics drivers, it was determined it could possibly be my Windows installation.

So after a fully clean install of Windows 11, the problem persisted.  So another thought was possibly that the Photoshop file I was working with was just not playing nice with after effects.  After getting a new and updated version of the Photoshop file, the problem still persists.

To my last resort was to request for a friend of mine who is still using Windows 10, to try creating a new project and importing the same Photoshop file into their project. Lo and behold, Everything works fine in Windows 10 after effects.

I should also note that, my friend, who is using Windows 10, is using a significantly slower PC than I am.  After doing a few searches on this forum, it also appears that I'm not the only person with this problem, when running after effects in Windows 11.

As such, I currently can't work on the project under a Windows 11 environment, please fix this issue as it's really not acceptable.

System specs:

Ryzen 5900X

32GB DDR4

GTX 1080Ti

Cache disks: 2TB NVME 

Application disk: 1TB NVME

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is user to user forum where we users help each other. The Adobe engeneers do not always read everything here. If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix please post it on uservoice, as it will be read by the engeneers: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines