• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFTER EFFECTS WISH LIST (Prior to Sept 09)

Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFTER EFFECTS WISHLIST

What features would you like to see implemented in After Effects? New ideas for plugins? Interface changes? Post 'em here!

Let's keep bug identification to individual posts, as these will probably be addressed more readily. Let's use this thread for specific ideas about ways that AE can be improved and expanded.

These Forums are for users, not Adobe employees, so don't forget to also fill in an  Adobe feature request form.

To view the Wish List posts prior to 2008, look here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 237 Replies 237
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks josh townsend

for reply .

I`am gonna look for this plug-in

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wish a cleaned up, logical Forum.

actually it works somehow, but this is just a mess for my opinion.

any Joomla or phpBB generated forum is easier to understand and gives more usability and interaction than this one.

all this "quickt-edit-help" is very kind, but it does not help anyone to post a clean structured message.

the font is amazingly hard to read, this forum is not a newspaper, ok!?

it's just horrible. just like i said it already a hundred times before.

but hey, all in all, i have a spell checker.

sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Some sort of extrude feature for layers (3D) based on the layer's alpha, so you could give layers sides and back which rotate along with the layer as if the layer were a true 3D shape

-A means to truly solo a layer (soloing it unsolos any other layers, and a way to unsolo all layers with a button/key press)

-An option to have the footage thumbnail in the layer's timeline bar

-STABILITY!! CS3 has a bad habit of giving me bogus memory errors, or just suddenly disappearing and dumping me to the desktop (which didn't happen for me with AE7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Ability to still select layer group even if layers are locked, so you can easily select them and unlock them (rather than having to go through and unlock each manually). Of course, they would still be locked/excluded from any actions (moves, etc), though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-When using 'Select Label Group', put the initial layer (that you right clicked on) in it's actual place in the selection order, (rather than making it the first one selected, followed by all the others layers with that colour)... So, for example, if you select layer 3 (and layer 1-10 are also in that group), make the selection order 1,2,3,4,5,6....10, rather than 3,1,2,4,5,6...10 as it is now. The way it currently is, using the Select Label Group feature, then sequencing they layers, results in the initial layer being placed incorrectly in the sequencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2009 Jan 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshops new adjustment layer has AMAZING control over level and hue/saturation by selecting the part of the picture with your mouse.

Color adjustments like that in AE would be worth hundreds of dollars to me.

If not then maybe a way to open up your AE project in Photoshop to do the corrections but that's a little backwards I guess. Also AE supports a lot more video codecs like P2, AVCHD ect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree to josh 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laer,

If I understood you correctly what you wrote:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?224@@eeb645f@.59b4ce84/175

-A means to truly solo a layer (soloing it unsolos any other layers, and a way to unsolo all layers with a button/key press)

Try holding Alt while pressing the solo switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PROPER alignment tool.

The most useful way to align two or more layers
is to first select all the layers to be moved
and then the one you want to align them to. (the last one shouldn't move!)

The way it is now (it moves both of them), is quite useless as it doesn't help designing a layout at all.

(Also a button to center hor. or vert. a layer to the comp would be great!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Post removed by Forum Host - Off Topic]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stay on topic in the User To User Forums.

If you wish to post more casually on non-software issues, may I recommend the Video Lounge in the Premiere Pro section:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.1dea22a5/

Thanks! :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Sir!

:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2009 Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really like to be able to use Photoshop Brushes in After Effects. I can't believe this isn't possible yet. Cinema 4D lets you do it and it's not even an Adobe program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if when exporting a comp as a layered PSD file, the editable text would be preserved as editable text in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already there. Just select the text layer then go to the Menu>Layer>Convert to Editable Text.

It's been there since CS3, maybe even AE7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick.
Just to clarify, what I was saying was I want text that is created in AE using the type tool to be preserved as editable text in Photoshop when you use the "Composition > Save Frame As > Photoshop Layers..." command.

What you're mentioning is a great feature, and I've been loving it for the past few releases. I would like to have the same behavior going in the other direction (AE to Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!
Good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great too if imported Illustrator text layers could be converted to Editable Text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like the Save dialog to not be super tiny. I keep resizing it every time I save something, but it keeps showing up really tiny and you can only see like 3 rows of text.

I'd love After Effects to understand or remember that I don't have a 640x480 display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an OS problem or a Adobe problem? CS3 got confused about Leopard's Spaces. And so does CS4. See my vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTYUnXieuKc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try disabling OpenGL in After effects entirely, maybe it interacts with the graphics card/output or don't use spaces at all. try using exposé instead if you can't live with(out) the clutter :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the whole CS3 & CS4 package behaves this way with Spaces, so its not an OpenGL thing. Ive seen this in Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator and AE. Windows get left behind when moving between Spaces and sometimes the UI doesnt show up! I got so frustrated with this I stopped using Spaces entirely 😞 I was hoping CS4 would fix this but it did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2009 Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love an option to instantly link ALL properties of one layer to another via expressions.

Specifically, I'd like to link all properties a complex filter, such as a particle systems or a keying filter.

This would be a MAJOR productivity and flexibility boost for compositing, and would help close the worlflow gap between AE and node-based systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

invisiblerabbit, you might find this script useful:

http://www.aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32

It only works for properties that can actually have expressions applied, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Aaron. I'd love to see AE implement something like this at the layer level, to hit all parameters and all properties of all filters at once...

but this script will certainly save me a lot of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines