• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects won't import full mp3 track

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import an mp3 the last 9 seconds are cut off. The rest of the audio track is fine. The timeline duration is set for 3 minutes, so that's not it. In Audition the file is fine, shows and plays the full 55 seconds. It's a voice over generated by a text-to-speech program. I've been doing this for years, no problem. This one file won't fully import.

I'm using AE version 22.3.0 build 107.  AE is using 30% of 16GB RAM. I've purged my cache. I'm on and iMac running Monterey Quad Core i3

TOPICS
Audio , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us comparative screenshots of the waveform across programs. Aside from that, start by checking your footage interpretation, the comp settings, the project timebase settings and the preview settings. You may have introduced a framrate/ timecode mismatch somewhere there that causes the clip to be shortened.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mylenium,

The audio track is not being shortened due to timecode mismatch. It's being truncated. Here are 3 screen shots: After Effects, Audition and Final Cut Pro. I've imported an audio track called brachial veins copy.mp3 into these three applications. I have had problems importing audio into After Effects when I have to replace the same audio file with an update to the same file. After Effects doesn't handle this well but I've found a work around and haven't reported it.

This however, is becoming a problem. After Effects has just slaughtered the audio import.  As you can see in the screen shot, the audio track is truncated, but it is also garbled and broken on the visible wave form section. The other two are fine. I don't actually use the audio track in my final render. It's function is to provide timing for events on the timeline.

Not very useful if I can't get the audio track to import.

Audition has a number of different formats. Which does After Effects prefer other than mp3?

AfterEffectsBrachialVein.pngAuditionBrachialVein.pngFinalCutBrachialVein.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Again,

As soon as  I sent the above reply I tried the .aac format from Audition and it imported as expected. It seems After Effects doesn't work well with mp3 formats. I haven't tried any of the other formats that Audition offers but am happy with the .aac format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's better to use.WAV instead of mp3 as the mp3 file will cause issues a lot of times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines