• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all effects from adjustment layer disappear after pre-compositing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied gaussian blur on several layers and after pre-composing effects disappears. what can be done about it?Снимок экрана (11).png

Снимок экрана (15).png

Снимок экрана (14).png

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is to be expected. that's simply not how it works. If you want to pre-compose something, you have to include the actual layers underneath so there is something to process. Some effects work with the continuous rasterize/ collapse transformations switch and pass through their operations, but not all of them and that's the crux of it. You need to adapt your workflow.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.  I have a layer with an adjustment layer.  When I precompose it, the layer disappears.  Simultaneously, the adjustment layer functions differently in the precomp..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you pre-compose an adjustment layer, you must collapse transformations to get the adjustments to work in the main comp. The same rules apply; everything below an adjustment layer will be changed by that layer. 

Unless the adjustment layers have a mask or their position and scale are animated, there is no reason to put only one effect on an adjustment layer. An extremely small percentage of my compositions use adjustment layers, even though most of them have dozens of layers and a fist full of nested comps (pre-comps). If I need to group layers or fiddle with the rendering order, I pre-compose. I seldom want to apply any single effect to every layer below unless I need global color correction on every layer in the comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines