Exit

Analysis Solve Failed in AE-Tried everything

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Before coming here I have already tried the following options:

-setting AE to run as admin and turning off all Windows security software (uninstalling them)

-Uninstalling and installing AE again and running the CC cleaner software

-Fixing all footage with warp stabilization in Premiere to minimize shakiness

-Restarting the computer after each of those

I have been trying to figure this problem out to use the 3D Camera tracker as I want my 3d text to stick to a certain area of the footage as the camera movements change (ie pan up and such)

If there is an alternate way to get the 3D text to stick to a building/area of the footage (if the analysis solve failed) cannot be fixed, that would be so helpful! (Does the Motion Tracking do the same thing?)

Ideally I would like this effect: 3D CAMERA TRACKER - After Effects Tutorial (Easy) - YouTube

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Your workflow does not make sense at all. Applying warp stabilization creates inconsistent spatial relations in the image (or in other words, distorted lines) that mathematically don't add up. You have to track first, add your items and then stabilize. That aside, it may simply be "bad" footage shot the wrong way or with bad quality. 3D tracking doesn't do miracles and without proper planning and preparation it's quite possible that not every shot can be solved.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try prerendering the Warp Stabilized footage and using it for the 3D tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I pre-render the warped footage?

I had previously added a warp stab effect on the footage before adding the 3D camera. Nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow does not make sense at all. Applying warp stabilization creates inconsistent spatial relations in the image (or in other words, distorted lines) that mathematically don't add up. You have to track first, add your items and then stabilize. That aside, it may simply be "bad" footage shot the wrong way or with bad quality. 3D tracking doesn't do miracles and without proper planning and preparation it's quite possible that not every shot can be solved.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌to add to this, often times the camera tracker will do a better job analyzing slightly shaky (I mean not earthquake blurry or anything) footage than it will with perfectly smooth footage. The more variations in motion it has to work with, the better, assuming things are not moving in and out of frame constantly. If you really must stabilize beforehand, which I often must, the best thing to do is a manual stabilization using basic motion tracks. Then you can tie the footage to a null and have perfect control over the speed and direction of motion, which in turn will allow you to match those keyframes up to those of the camera tracker, once applied. But yeah, before tracking for camera motion, you should precomp and maybe add an unsharp mask adjustment layer above your footage and render it out in a lossless format to use as your base footage with the camera tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am trying to use "Track Camera" in After Effects 2021, It's showing 'Analyasis Solve Failed', Help me please. I am not doing anything else. I just drag the clip, open tracker and hit Track Camera, after like 5 minutes or so, it shows the Analysis Solve Failed. I am new to After Effects, I don't know anything about it. PLEASE HELP ME!!

abheek5DE5_0-1619525702641.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can pre-compose your footage and add the warp stabilizer on the clip inside the pre-comp.  After that has processed, you can track the camera in the main composition that has the pre-comp in it.  Make sense.  Works great for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.  I'm trying to apply the 3D Camera Tracker for a person using a selfie stick on a snowboard.  I have split layer video into 1 second increments, applied warp stabilizer then PreComped, and masked out the snowboarded himself.  Is it just not possible for After Effects to handle this?  If it is, I'll go through the pains of creating it, but if it's not, I'd like to know as well.  But, I'm optimistic I'm over looking something! Thanks for any advice you can give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi erikj7.  Sorry this is such a late reply.  Looks like you figured out your problem.  One issue I can think of with your comment is that you're cutting your footage into 1 second increments to stabilize it.  That is probably why the camera is failing.  Did you try tracking the camera on the footage without cutting and stabilizing?  I'm guessing stabilizing the whole clip zooms in way too much.  Is that the problem you ran into?  I hope this helps... two months later...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to lean to Mylenium's earlier comment that it could just be a bad shot.  It's not uncommon to get a failed analysis if the footage is not suited for tracking.  Also, if the footage has a cut in scene of any sort, it will also fail.  I presume that should go without saying but throwing it out there anyway.

Can you shot some of the footage?

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I went back plugged in some footage of me doing the same on a snowboard, and it worked.  You and Mylenium are correct - Bad footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you figured it out and sorry to hear about the bad footage.  I know that can be frustrating, especially if you are unable to reshoot it.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem and I've traced it back to the length of the footage. I got camera tracking accomplished with 20 sec video but couldn't get it done with 40-50 sec clip. So what is the clip length this can handle? Anyone has knowledge about this?

Best, Niko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not clip length but what goes on in the clip that causes the failure. Some kinds of motion will not camera track. Some kinds of motion cannot be solved by camera tracking. It all depends on the shot.

You need fixed geometry like walls, rocks, parked cars. You need some parallax changes or perspective shifts. You cannot track a shot that has a camera zoom. You cannot successfully analyze a shot that has a lot of lens distortion and camera erratic movement. If you have actors that are walking through the scene then you may need to remove the trackers that attach themselves to the moving actors before you get a successful camera solution. You should plan your shots and block your actors with camera tracking in mind rather than just shoot and try and track later. No camera tracker exists that can successfully solve for the camera move on every shot.

Post the shot and we can give you some suggestions or tell you whether or not the shot can be successfully analyzed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick for the reply. It's smooth aerial turn around clip. And actually it's a perfect clip for the CT without any those flaws that you have mentioned. Tested it with original 50 sec clip and speeded up 30 sec clip and the latter was analyzed correctly but former wasn't. So my suggestion is that CT could not analyze such a long clips. I have read elsewehere that the max length of the clip is 20 sec. In my case it's somewhere between 30 and 50 secs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. However, the footage I'm using is from a training video on InLearning. What's interesting is that I took this lesson last week and the tracking worked fine. But when reviewing it this week the analysis fails.

One thing that changed is that I upgraded to the latest AE and updated the NVIDIA driver as suggested. Could that have anything to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyong. I know this is an old thread but wanted to add my little comments to the mix. Another work around I've found with this is the seperate the footage into segments. For example I had one continuous clip with a lot of camera movement in between, that 3D camera tracker simply couldn't keep up with. So I cut the clips onto sections without the erratic and jittery camera movement, and those sections were analysed fine. I can appreciate that this option may not be ideal for all, especially if you need tracked data throuout the entire clip, however it's something to consider. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I made a video covering this very issue. So feel free to check it out using the link below. I tried going as in-depth as possible. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQjNMDdGBk4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. i have tried everything but nothing works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines