• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate an engine

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know just enough to get myself in trouble so I'm going to ask for help. I want to animate an engine like this - http://www.animatedengines.com/diesel.html and can't figure out how to connect all the components so they move together.

Anyone know of a tutorial or have advice?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gas or Diesel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is really simple and basic knowledge of After Effects so you should start by learning AE basics. You can start here: https://helpx.adobe.com/pl/after-effects/tutorials.html

What you are looking for is called "parenting" - you have to parent all moving parts together in correct order and give them movement. 
Of course, you can automate that much more with expressions but that is more complicated so for you, I would suggest just parenting and key frames. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will check those tutorials out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan Ebberts is the man. You will need Expressions for Speed and Frequency Control and then you combine that tool with Inverse Kinematics. You'll also want to look at Inverse Kinematics Redux

Or, if you have a budget, go to aescripts.com and check out some of their rigging tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I will look at those. Appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines