• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animating dash line in one layer with no clumping?

Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I was wondering if it was possible to create a marching ant effect with the stoke on one shape layer with out this inconsistent clumping of lines? I am using the offset dash option. 

Best regards

Julianclumping.jpg

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly in the properties of the Shape Layer you accidentally added a Gap in addition to a Dash, delete it with the less button next to the plus.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-09-02 a la(s) 12.09.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check the actual path geometry. If you inadvertently add an extra anchor point it would also cause weird behavior with dashes. And of course I would recommend buying Plexus for this sort of thing if you do this a lot. It is much more intuitive and since the renderer is applied as the last step, the dashges are consistent automatically.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did look at plexus and I got it working, but the look wasn't really right for the job. (too web like)

And this is for an animatic, so the objects in the scene are not really Z space.

I do enjoy plexus it is a great plug-in, all be it labour intense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines