• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animating fonts styles with source text method but it was not smooth.

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am animating font styles with the "source text" method but it was not smooth. How can I make that transition smooth because there is no easy ease option for this?

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. Depending on what you actually wnat to do it would probably make a lot more sense to have separate lines and apply whatever effects and transitions. Otherwise you can of course always try to use text animatiors to disguise the transitions with blurs or text animating in and out.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but can you please guide me on how to animate font styles smoothly like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium said, AE doesn't support the specific keyframing between font styles that the website demo you posted can do.

But you can fake it a bit, with limitations, by converting your text to a shape layer and animating stroke width and skew to artificially bold and italicise your text.  I've attached a simple project with exactly that to show you what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, It helps alot.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE doesn't natively support variable fonts or stuff similar to CSS transitions as used by that web site, so you can't do it easily. You have to convert the text to outlines and use "morphing", i.e. copy & pasting different shapes into different shape path or mask keyframes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines