Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any motion graphic forum? except dribble

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am precticing motion graphics in Ae, but there are no forums wheere I can post my stuff to get some feedback. So I'm stuck at a levele, where I cant go further. Is there any other active forum where are people who could make some comments on my posted short text/logo animations?

Here are one, I'M currently working on:

Ytube-2.gif

Its too basic, but I have no idea what to do to give some extra life. Or how the end the animation, probably I need to make the text disappear, but in a cool short way...

Hope there is someone here who can help with some advice, regarding mostly on the first part of my post.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Very clever. I would add a little exaggerated motion blur to the movement and put in some sound effects. You might also want to be a little more careful with spelling and grammar when posting and showing off your work.

Unless you are transitioning to something along the same line a cut or 3 or 4 frame fade out would be better than some kind of "cool' effect at the end to get rid of the text. Too much cool get's campy and boring very quickly.

Also, try Motionographer for inspiration, don't forget Behance

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very clever. I would add a little exaggerated motion blur to the movement and put in some sound effects. You might also want to be a little more careful with spelling and grammar when posting and showing off your work.

Unless you are transitioning to something along the same line a cut or 3 or 4 frame fade out would be better than some kind of "cool' effect at the end to get rid of the text. Too much cool get's campy and boring very quickly.

Also, try Motionographer for inspiration, don't forget Behance right from the Adobe CC app and don't miss Adobe's My Portfolio site to showcase your work.

You can also follow After Effects on social media. There's a lot of places for inspiration and sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some, very active subreddits on reddit.com that you should look at. /r/AfterEffects is specific to AE stuff, but there is often content for critiques posted there with good feedback. And there are some motion graphics and motion design subreddits too (I can't remember the actual names and Reddit is blocked where I work, so I can't check very easily, but I think /r/AfterEffects links to them in the sidebar).

Semi-connected to /r/AfterEffects is an After Effects Discord group (the post about it is stickied at the top of /r/AfterEffects). There are, actually, several Discord groups that you could join related to this (again, I don't have access to mine, so I can't share them at the moment).

And, if you want some true industry giants to see your stuff, there are some Slack groups you can join. http://hashtagmotiondesign.com/ is where you can apply to join the Motion Design Artists Slack (there is a bar to entry here). Greyscale Gorilla has a Slack you can join (very active too). And, I believe Motionographer has a Slack that you can join if you back them on Patreon.

Linked-In often has groups you can join that are related to software or professions and you can get feedback there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, I do graphic design and provide motions to graphic services. There are a lot of forums dedicated to animation. You can do a Google search and post there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

es, there are several motion graphic forums where you can connect with other motion graphic artists, share your work, and discuss various topics related to motion graphics. Here are a few popular motion graphic forums:

1. Motionographer: Motionographer has an active community of motion graphic artists. The forum allows you to showcase your work, seek feedback, and engage in discussions on various motion graphic-related topics. Their website is motionographer.com.

2. Reddit - Motion Design: The Motion Design subreddit (/r/MotionDesign) on Reddit is a thriving community for motion graphic artists. It's a great place to share your work, ask questions, and participate in discussions with fellow motion designers.

3. Creative COW: Creative COW is a comprehensive online community for creative professionals, including motion graphic  cost artists. They have a dedicated motion graphics forum where you can interact with other artists, seek advice, and discuss industry trends. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, So I found this Discord forum, which is quite active, and easy to use: https://discordapp.com/channels/277241353539420160/277241353539420160

I know about the behance of course, have many major projects presented there, but the WIP option is cancelled, so there is no way to upload stuff that is not ready yet. + no one cares about average stuff there.

So at this forum they gave me a few advice, and here are the improved version Ytube-smooth.gif

There is only some minor changes, but I think this looks much better than the previous one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second version is better.

Here is a workflow hint that is difficult of most folks to follow. When you get your animation looking pretty good, render it and then walk away for a while and let your mind move to other tasks. Then, after a half hour or an hour or even a day, go back to the animation and look at it ONCE at full resolution on the device you expect most of your audience to use. At very least, look at it full screen on your monitor. When it ends just stop and think about what you just saw for a moment. If the piece is longer than a few seconds try and write down anything that seemed to bother you. Check the bothersome cuts a frame at a time to see if there is really some funky visual effect happening and if necessary fix those few frames.

Most folks will watch an animation over and over and over and over and over and try and make good decisions while obsessing over a cut. What I'm trying to say is that if you do not walk away and give brain enough time to take a fresh and objective look at the edit you are not going to have a very good chance of making any meaningful improvements.

Nice job. Any client should be pleased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, and appreciation too. I know and use this method in my major projects.

Maybe you are right, and there is no need for an outro animation. (Mostly because I have nothing in mind)

If I have some free time, I'm going for some retouch on the splash animation. I think that's a little bit weird, if you really want to find something bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly! There are several motion graphics forums and online communities where you can discuss, learn, and share your knowledge about motion graphics. Here are some popular ones more

1. Red Giant Universe: Red Giant Universe has a community forum where users discuss various aspects of motion graphics, video editing, and visual effects. It's an excellent resource for those using Red Giant software products, but it also covers broader motion graphics topics.

2. Creative COW: Creative COW is a comprehensive community for media professionals, including motion graphics artists. They have forums dedicated to various software, techniques, and industry discussions.

3. Video Copilot: Video Copilot, known for its After Effects tutorials and plugins, has an active community where users can discuss motion graphics, ask questions, and share their work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are my suggestions:

1. is this the output resolution? it 3:4 while most output specs would require 16:9 - this will have an effect on your final appearance. you should try view your logo reveal in context of the final output if you haven't already. if this is going to youtube, the black and red will be much more dominant

2. I love the Y triangle going into the circle, but I find the red and black bar very distracting. maybe much smaller rectangles, I am not sure, maybe you could dismiss them entirely. try this: keep the black bg at all times, and use the text as an alpha matte for the red rectangle, so it will appear only on "YOUR".

3. add a little scale motion for the whole thing. in Israel we call this "breathing". add's a lot to any title sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It will be a title/header for a youtube redesign project on behance... if I manage to finish it.

I like the rectangles, the whole animation is based on those, so i cant remove them.

But the breathing idea is good, just not sure when should I use it? This whole animation has a bottom-top -left- right movement, when should I add scale timing to the text?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would scale the whole thing the whole way through. just a touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also practice motion graphics and give motion graphics services. Many forums are created for animation. You can search on google and post there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a graphic designer and I want to create high motion graphics. So, if you want to do like me, Download Alight Motion (a professional video editing app) on your smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am also an pofesional graphci designer and certified ui/ux designer.You can also check out one of the amazing app which is canva  

To create beautiful mmotions and graphics as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there i am graphics designer experince almost  years of expericnce i am editing a photos to use ai photo enhancer a professional video editing and photo editor thanks for sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! It's great to hear that you're into motion graphics as well and provide services in that area. Forums can be really helpful for exchanging ideas and learning from others in the animation community. If you're looking to connect with like-minded individuals and share your expertise, definitely consider searching on Google for animation forums. Engaging with those forums could be a fantastic way to showcase your work and network with fellow enthusiasts. Best of luck with your motion graphics journey! https://nachrichtenmorgen.de/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all require money to meet our basic necessities, and as a Motion Graphics Artist, you may earn money both online and offline using your After Effects Templates and skills. You may make money with your After Effects talents in a variety of ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, I offer motion graphics services and practise motion graphics. Animation forums are widely available. Google is a good place to search and publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking for motion graphics services, you might want to consider reaching out to someone who offers those services in addition to other animation or design work. Motion graphics involve creating animated or moving graphics, typically for use in video or multimedia projects.

If you're interested in practicing motion graphics yourself, there are plenty of resources available online to help you get started. As you mentioned, animation forums can be a great place to connect with other artists and learn from their experiences. You can also find tutorials, courses, and other resources on sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and Skillshare.

Google is indeed a good place to search for motion graphics iamge editing resources, as it can help you find articles, videos, and other resources related to the topic. Additionally, if you're interested in publishing your own motion graphics work, you might consider using platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, or Dribbble to share your creations and connect with other artists and potential clients.

Overall, motion graphics can be a rewarding and challenging field to work in, and there are plenty of resources available to help you learn and grow as an artist. Whether you're looking for services or trying to hone your skills, the internet can be a great place to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

certainly! In addition to Dribbble, there are several other popular motion graphic forums where you can connect with fellow motion designers, seek inspiration, and exchange knowledge. Here are a few notable ones:

1. Motionographer : Motionographer is a widely recognized platform that features articles, interviews, and showcases of exceptional motion design work. Their forum provides a space for discussions, feedback, and collaboration among motion graphics enthusiasts.

2. Creative Cow (forums.creativecow.net): Creative Cow is a comprehensive community-driven platform that covers various creative disciplines, including motion graphics. Their forum section dedicated to motion graphics offers a wealth of knowledge, tutorials, and discussions on industry trends and techniques.

3. Reddit - r/MotionDesign Reddit hosts a vibrant community of motion designers in the r/MotionDesign subreddit. It's a great place to share your work, ask for feedback, and participate in discussions about motion graphics and related topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you design a font for yor precticing motion graphics?

1. Decide what type of font (or typeface) you'd like to make. The two most basic typeface classifications are serif and sans serif. ...
  2. Create your document and set up guides. ...
  3. Draw the characters. ...
  4. Export as . ...
  5. Use your font creation software to compress it into a . ...
  6. Export your typeface as a.
    https://schriftgenerator.co/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I offer motion graphics services and practice motion graphics. There are a lot of forums dedicated to animation. You can do a Google search and post there.

SEO | Video Editor | SMM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines