• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ATI 3870 + Vista64 = AE CS4 slow interaction

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having serious interaction slowness issue with CS4 and ATI radeon 3870 in Vista64 + Aero desktop composition,ATI catalyst driver 9.5.

Slowness is most obvious if you a layer selected which have several keys, with motion path display on in the viewport, try moving the layer around in the viewport, it takes a second or two before any reaction. It is even worst if OpenGL always on or OpenGL interaction on, slightly better in Adaptive resolution viewport refresh.

However, if motion path display is off, moving layer is noticably faster.

The motion path display also causes slowdown in other areas, like zooming in and out with the ',' and '.' key in the viewport, orbiting camera, etc etc that involve viewport drawing.

I've noticed also AE CS4 comp viewport doesn't get vertical sync (either with Vista Aero on or off), when you do a quick horizontal pan you'll notice tearing.

I'm wondering if anyone experiencing the same issue with ATI card and catalyst driver.

If ATI works for you, which version of ATI catalyst driver do you use?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone,

i had exact the same problem. and solved it --> it turned out, that my wacom tablet drivers caused the problems with motionpaths in after effects.

after closing the wacom_tablet.exe in the taskmanager the problems in after effects were gone.

hope this helps you,

cya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!

Hi, i have an wacom tablet (intuos 2), too. After i killed the wacom_tablet.exe in the taskmanager everything works fine again. I had to used administrator rights in taskmanager to kill the two processes with exact the same name, after that it works.

Thanks a lot! *thumbs up*

Machine specs:

• Mac Pro Dual Quad Xeon 2,8 GHz (Model 2008)
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 (driver version 191)
  • Windows Vista 64 (updated)
  • Adobe Master Collection CS4 (updated)
  • 30" Dell Monitor (2560x1600)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah U solved the problem.

BUT How to use wacom with AFterFX openGL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that we seem to know the culprit (Congrats! Can more of you confirm this?) it'll be much easier to fix, working with Wacom to find out the problem.

Now we also know why reports that only mentioned the graphics card model, etc couldn't be reproduced easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try old and new drivers from wacom.

Only answer is kill a wacom [snip].

(I think they have a lot of work to do.

AE conflict, Vista conflicts, Kaspersky2010)

[snip]

[post edited by moderator to remove inappropriate language]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, best tablets worst drivers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad to hear that this fixed it for you!!

forgot to mention that actually i'm not on vista64 but on windows7 64...

so the problem isnt even tied to the OS... its just wacom

my wacom drivers are:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wacom_Tablet.exe
Tablet Service for professional driver
Version: 6.1.2.3

Message was edited by: s.poertner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tell u something.

Beware of using newest wacom drivers(!)  (6.1.2-4 / 6.1.2-3)

I try it ...8 Windows installations before

Ps, AI and Flash will be crashing on "mouseover"

------------------------------------

And my 6.1.1-3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else, besides Socialkaos, has tried Wacom drivers 6.1.2-4?

Even if they turned out to be horrible in other aspects (hopefully not), did they help regarding slow interactions with motion paths?

They are supposed to fix similar issues with AE and PS CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please disregard the previous post. The bug fixed by Wacom driver 6.1.2-4 is not related to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for making kaos.

["horrible" bug (hangover on mousoverCS4,with more than one Cs4 application opened

persist - wacom says... in ver -3 and -4 of driver)

Ver. -4 of driver didn't resolve openGL problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off wacom processes worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation.

Now that we know what the problem is, it should be much easier working with Wacom to have it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this, Wacom_Tablet.exe process is the culprit. can't believe

it. Thanks for finding this out.

Ending this process fixes the issue in both AE CS4 and CS3.

In AE CS4 you can feel the effect immediately after ending the process, in

CS3 you'll have to restart AE to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on wacom driver 6.1.2-3, Vista64. earlier versions had the same problems.

However with driver 6.1.1-3 on WinXP32, the stickly lockup effect is not as obvious, probably it is due to Vista DWM amplifies the lockup problem together with wacom drivers.

It is strange that the lockup only occurs with if motionpath display is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently latest wacom driver 6.1.2-5 (25 Nov 2009) still does not fix the sticky interaction problem in AE CS3 or CS4.

I can't seem to find a place to bug report to Wacom about this issue.

Is Adobe going to deal to Wacom regarding this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a solid reproducible case in house and are contacting them about it.

--chris prosser

ae engineering manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thanks a lot.

Tajino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys, Whats up! (or maybe "wake up")

Nvidia and wacom make new drivers, but problem still exist.

Do You work on it? Say something please.

Angry After Deffects User

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom has not released a driver with the fix yet. We are working with them and have confirmed a fix with them, but it hasn't passed all the testing yet to go into general release.

-c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded a video of the problem, it is not only on Vista 64, It is onevery windows flavor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KwzASwrnC0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChrisProsser wrote:

Wacom has not released a driver with the fix yet. We are working with them and have confirmed a fix with them, but it hasn't passed all the testing yet to go into general release.

-c

Hi Chris, just had some response from Wacom, I don't know from where did you got the information than they are testing a fix, they seems to not know why is caused, but it does not seems it is something it can be fixed on their side. Apparently, for what I understand AE is requesting data from the driver like 200 times per second, and this cause the problem, and I don't see how Wacom can fix this on their side. And it get worst when OpenGL is ON, I reproduced this with OpenGL OFF too. Although is less noticeable.

I don't want to blame anyone, since I don't know the whole picture, I just know that both seems to be working on the issue (even though when I called wacom the first day, they did not acknowledged the problem) but I wanted fixed, I want the product I paid for behaving as advertised. And for what I see, Wacom and After Effects can be used together as this date.

I hope Wacom and Adobe grab the phone and get on the same page and release something soon, not 7 more months from now.

If you need someone to test this, I'm available, I don't mind spend the time testing or reporting, but please don't make us wait any longer.

Victor

PS: I just realize this thread have over 10,000 views, must be a big problem for users to have that much views.

Message was edited by: Victor Wolansky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 19, 2010 Jan 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone working on this or we will have to wait 6 more months to be able to use our Wacoms again?  Just wondering.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2010 Jan 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes people are working on this. A key person was on paternity leave. You'll be the first to hear about a response. There is a big difference between 5 days (the last response from Adobe) and 6 months. Please be patient.

--c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines